How Old Do You Have To Be So Apply For The School?

Hey.

Im Kristian Waring im 16 and live in the UK, been riding for 6 month's now on an Aprilia RS 50.

I am really keen on racing next year when im 17, and so i think the School will really help me boost my confidence on a bike and also the potential I could have on the race track.

My dad has offerd to supply me with everything i would need for racing, as he has raced, and has just currently quit about 3 years ago. So its not to hard to get started up, thank god!

But was wondering, could i apply for the course now, or would i have to be 17 and take my A1 then take the course?

Thanks.

Kris.

Hey.

Im Kristian Waring im 16 and live in the UK, been riding for 6 month's now on an Aprilia RS 50.

I am really keen on racing next year when im 17, and so i think the School will really help me boost my confidence on a bike and also the potential I could have on the race track.

My dad has offerd to supply me with everything i would need for racing, as he has raced, and has just currently quit about 3 years ago. So its not to hard to get started up, thank god!

But was wondering, could i apply for the course now, or would i have to be 17 and take my A1 then take the course?

Thanks.

Kris.

If I were you i'd contact the school in the UK direct, here are the contact details if you don't have them.

Contact Details

We are open for telephone enquiries and visitors between 10:00am and 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday.

Out of office hours or on School dates, you can contact us via our answerphone, fax, or e-mail address.

California Superbike School

Unit 92 Leyland Trading Estate

Irthlingborough Road

Wellingborough

Northants

NN8 1RA

Telephone +44 (0)8700 671 061

Fax +44 (0) 1933 229389

E-Mail info@superbikeschool.co.uk

School Director Andy Ibbott

andy@superbikeschool.co.uk

Operations Manager & Chief Riding Coach Johnny Haynes

johnny@superbikeschool.co.uk

Marketing & Press Manager Donna Ibbott

donna@superbikeschool.co.uk

Office Manager Lynn Burdett

lynnb@superbikeschool.co.uk

Deputy Chief Riding Coach Paul Debnam

paul@superbikeschool.co.uk

Based on this weekend at Barber - about 11.

Amazing to watch him rock that little 125 around the track. Even funnier watching the adults trying to keep up with him through the corners. Also amazing to see how well the coaches worked with him.

Hey.

Thanks.

Kris.

Hi Kris,

In the UK we have an agreement with Rockingham for riders under the age of 18. However, what riding experience do you have? Do you have a race licence? If you have not riddden or raced yet we cannot accept you on the schools here in the UK.

There are our contact details in this post so pleasae get in touch.

All the bst

Andy Ibbott

School Director

Hey.

Thanks.

Kris.

Hi Kris,

In the UK we have an agreement with Rockingham for riders under the age of 18. However, what riding experience do you have? Do you have a race licence? If you have not riddden or raced yet we cannot accept you on the schools here in the UK.

All the bst

Andy Ibbott

School Director

Hi and thanks for the reply Andy.

I have been riding for about 6 months now on an Aprilia RS 50 on a Provisional License. I do not have a race license and havent raced.

Thank's Kris.

Hey.

Thanks.

Kris.

Hi Kris,

All the bst

Andy Ibbott

School Director

Hi and thanks for the reply Andy.

I have been riding for about 6 months now on an Aprilia RS 50 on a Provisional License. I do not have a race license and havent raced.

Thank's Kris.

Hey.

Thanks.

Kris.

Hi Kris,

Is your bike restricted/

Andy

Hi Kris,

You would need to have a race licence, a 50cc licence is not enough. You would laso need to be on a 125 or bigger. Sounds like you are going to have wait until you are 17 fella.

All the best

Andy

Hey Andy,

Yer might wait til im 17 then :)

And ermmm no my bike isnt restricted, no mod's except de-restrciton.

My dad thought 30mph was a bit to slow on the road's and more dangerous then going about 45mph.

Thank's for all the reply's!

Kris.

P.S. how would i get a race license?

Hi Kris,

For a race licence you need to contact the ACU www.acu.org.uk

They can then help you with this.

All the best

Andy