New to the forum and fairly new to biking.Can you still attend the school with a Restricted License (33bhp)? I want to attend level 1 at silverstone next year on an SV650s K5. Thanks

Unfortunatelly, the europe licence restrictions prohibits us from driving a motorcycle who's cc is above 33hp when your licence is A1 or above 14hp if you have a A2 motorcycle licence. Also, in order to get an unlimited bike restriction, you must own an A1 licence type for at least a year before attending motorcycle school again in your area. note that you don't have to prove that you have ridden a bike this entire year, just to hold the A1 licence for a period of year the day you got your licence. A2 -> A1 (wait 1 year) -> A (Unlimited) -> California Supersport School ( UK ). I'm in the same bout as you buddy, I need to wait at least 6 months to get A class :/

Is it just time that progresses how you go up in your licensure? Is it just the three different levels?

Yup, 3 levels, some must have a time period limit. A2 = 14.6hp and upto 125cc. A1 = 33hp bikes (some bikes are hardware converted to 33hp even if they can produce way more). A = unlimited. (Must have A1 for a least a year, bike riding/owning isn't a muss.)

Is it just time that progresses how you go up in your licensure? Is it just the three different levels?

Yup, 3 levels, some must have a time period limit. A2 = 14.6hp and upto 125cc. A1 = 33hp bikes (some bikes are hardware converted to 33hp even if they can produce way more). A = unlimited. (Must have A1 for a least a year, bike riding/owning isn't a muss.)

Maybe this is mean and evil, but there are no restrictions in the US for private racetrack riding. There can be insurance restrictions for younger riders at some tracks, but not at most. I think we can take from 14 year old on up (no bike restriction) at most tracks.

Come on over on holiday :)

Best,

Cobie

Maybe this is mean and evil, but there are no restrictions in the US for private racetrack riding. There can be insurance restrictions for younger riders at some tracks, but not at most. I think we can take from 14 year old on up (no bike restriction) at most tracks.

Come on over on holiday :)

Best,

Cobie

Lol Cobie, putting a 14 year old on a ZX6? hahaha

• 1 month later...

But the strange loophole is if you have an ACU racing Licence. We can then take this as an accepted licence - provided - the rider has some racing experience. In this case we can take racers as young as 12 but only at ROCKINGHAM and SILVERSTONE. Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Cadwell Park (all owned b the same group) insist on 18 years plus a full licence A1.

The pisser is that this group who own all these track also OWNS AND RUNS the British Superbike Series where they have 12 year old racing in their 125 class, but will not let them on track days or schools to get practise. How f*&%ed up is that?

But the strange loophole is if you have an ACU racing Licence. We can then take this as an accepted licence - provided - the rider has some racing experience. In this case we can take racers as young as 12 but only at ROCKINGHAM and SILVERSTONE. Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Cadwell Park (all owned b the same group) insist on 18 years plus a full licence A1.

The pisser is that this group who own all these track also OWNS AND RUNS the British Superbike Series where they have 12 year old racing in their 125 class, but will not let them on track days or schools to get practise. How f*&%ed up is that?

That reminds me of the film business (union). Can't work on a union job, unless you are in the union. How do you get in the union--work on a union job!

New to the forum and fairly new to biking.Can you still attend the school with a Restricted License (33bhp)? I want to attend level 1 at silverstone next year on an SV650s K5. Thanks

Hi there,

Yes you can but only on your own 33bhp bike. We cannot Hire you an R6 becuase it is well over the 33bhp limit. I would advise because of this that you look at booking Silverstone Stowe as it is a short track and the 33bhp will not be noticed as much as on more open 'faster' tracks.

Andy

Hi there,

Yes you can but only on your own 33bhp bike. We cannot Hire you an R6 becuase it is well over the 33bhp limit. I would advise because of this that you look at booking Silverstone Stowe as it is a short track and the 33bhp will not be noticed as much as on more open 'faster' tracks.

Andy

What if I promised to not use more than 33HP? Think that would fly?

Hi there,

Andy

These limitations are still present for a rider on closed-courses?!?!?!?!?!?! Isn't that considered private property?

God Bless America.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Andy

These limitations are still present for a rider on closed-courses?!?!?!?!?!?! Isn't that considered private property?

God Bless America.

Yeah, Brits get well regulated :(

C