United States Super Bike X-19 Insurance? For Ny Owner.?

UNITED STATES SUPER BIKE INSURANCE? FOR NY OWNER.? hello i have a x-19 super bike Drivetrain Engine: 4 Stroke 110cc Single Cylinder, Air Cooled Fuel : 91+ Unleaded Gasoline (no oil mixing required) Starter: Electric Key Start w/ Backup Kick Start (MANUAL) Maximum Speed: up to 70+ mph Ignition: CDI, Ultra High Discharge Coil Transmission: 4-Speed Manual w/ Hand Clutch or Automatic Maximum Power: 15.5 hp Brakes: Hydraulic Cross-Drilled Disc Brakes Exhaust: Factory Tuned Dual Exhaust w/ Twin Silencers Dimensions Length: 58" Width: 25" Height: 33" Ground Clearance: 5.5" Dry Weight: 140 lbs. Weight Capacity: 325 lbs. Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.25 Liters Cruising Range: 50 miles per tank Tires: Pneumatic Racing Semi-Slick Tires EPA APPROVED & CERTIFIED - OUR X19-CR SUPER POCKET BIKE IS EPA APPROVED it goes as fast as 70 miles per hour i called my local ny( new york) DVM they said id need a motorcycle license and blah blah. registration and all that that's not the hard part the hard part is the insurance. i called gecko and they said they don't insure super bikes i get all these UK insurance sites for Super Bikes but no USA insurance can someone help me. in finding out the insurance agency that i can get insurance from?

UNITED STATES SUPER BIKE INSURANCE? FOR NY OWNER.? hello i have a x-19 super bike Drivetrain Engine: 4 Stroke 110cc Single Cylinder, Air Cooled Fuel : 91+ Unleaded Gasoline (no oil mixing required) Starter: Electric Key Start w/ Backup Kick Start (MANUAL) Maximum Speed: up to 70+ mph Ignition: CDI, Ultra High Discharge Coil Transmission: 4-Speed Manual w/ Hand Clutch or Automatic Maximum Power: 15.5 hp Brakes: Hydraulic Cross-Drilled Disc Brakes Exhaust: Factory Tuned Dual Exhaust w/ Twin Silencers Dimensions Length: 58" Width: 25" Height: 33" Ground Clearance: 5.5" Dry Weight: 140 lbs. Weight Capacity: 325 lbs. Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.25 Liters Cruising Range: 50 miles per tank Tires: Pneumatic Racing Semi-Slick Tires EPA APPROVED & CERTIFIED - OUR X19-CR SUPER POCKET BIKE IS EPA APPROVED it goes as fast as 70 miles per hour i called my local ny( new york) DVM they said id need a motorcycle license and blah blah. registration and all that that's not the hard part the hard part is the insurance. i called gecko and they said they don't insure super bikes i get all these UK insurance sites for Super Bikes but no USA insurance can someone help me. in finding out the insurance agency that i can get insurance from?

Have you tried the normal companies in your area? State Farm, Farmers, etc? That's odd about Geico, I saw in one of their ads they do insure bikes. Did you try an actual agent on the phone, as opposed to via the internet?

Best,

CF

Have you tried the normal companies in your area? State Farm, Farmers, etc? That's odd about Geico, I saw in one of their ads they do insure bikes. Did you try an actual agent on the phone, as opposed to via the internet?

Best,

CF

X19.jpg thats the picture of it and yea one lady was speaking to me. i told her it was a superbike. she was asking me the manufacture and i was like buyang co(chinese company) and she was like 477 a year minimum coverage for me not the bike. someone told me this isnt a super bike but a pocket bike yet its 35 inches high 80% the size of a full motorcycle. she said she had to check into it.

can u help me out with what seperates a superbike from a pocket bike? cause i dont know exactly.

its EPA CERTIFIED,FMVSS AND HAS A 17 DIGIT VIN NUMBER.. which i dont know what thats for.

Pocket bikes are very small, and I don't think they are legal to ride on the Street.

Superbike is a term like "sports car". A modern "superbike" for racing would be a bike that had to made and sold ot the public, then can be heavily modified for racing, like a "stock car."

Hope that makes sense.

Best,

Cobie

Whoa, THAT LOOKS LIKE FUN! Is it street legal? If you haven't registered it yet, you might find that to be a challenge - I have a YSR50 that's an import and they wanted some sort of manufacturer stamp on it that says it's rated for "highway use". My frame came from Japan, and didn't say that, so it took some work to get it registered, even though it met all other requirements. I brought a stack of supporting documentation (from 1988, the year of manufacture) and finally got it through.

Regarding insurance, as long as you have a VIN number, I bet you could just pick a bike that is similar in engine displacement size that is street legal and tell them it is "similar" to that. They might just be looking for a classification. I would not call it a superbike (usually 600cc and the rate would be too high, they are high risk) nor would I call it a pocket bike or minibike since those are generally not street legal. Maybe you could classify it as something similar to a 200cc dual sport like the Suzuki DR200, or better yet call it a scooter. If you JUST need insurance, but aren't trying to get it street legal, consider registering it for "off-road" use - it's cheaper and that registration might help you get the insurance. Good luck, and let me know where you got the thing, it looks like a blast.

BTW, if you can't get it registered for the street, look into local go-kart tracks, sometimes they allow mini or pocket bikes to run and it's a great way to play with the bike.