Mid-winter Boredom...

I know this is kind of a late post on this topic but...

My son broke his ankle recently so so severely that he nearly sheered off his foot falling from a tree. He is restricted to being immobile with zero weight bearing for a month or so. Point being that we have quite a bit of time to hang together and so I bought him the MotoGP game for his Wii.

This turned out to be very cool since it is something we are both very interested in (Peter Lenz is one of my son's favorite people at the momnent). With the start of the MotoGP season, it has been great to watch the race together and then go and race the same tracks in the game together. I won't mention how he has been kicking my preverbal butt. Oh wait, I think I just did... :-)

I have heard that this is a great way to learn the tracks and from what I understand, Spies has been doing that this year since it is his first time on these tracks. So what game is out there that has the tracks the AMA races on? Since I have more hope of actually riding those tracks, it would be great to learn them ahead of time this way...

Best regards,

-scott

I'm playing it on PS3, and just consider it a game. It is fun to play the track, then watch it on TV. And I can show my wife what I'm talking about when I'm explaining the races to her.

DON'T BUY THE WSBK game. It is horribly put together. The mechanics are fun, but if you even tap another rider, you go down. There aren't many options, and the only thing you can do is Superbike season after superbike season. The redundance is mind numbing. I was excited, but that has stopped after the first time I played it. Everything is unlocked so there is nothing to work toward, no supersport, no create a character. I'm playing MotoGP now, and am on my 4th season, and am just now starting to win races because of the small things I get at a time for the small points I gather through the seasons. Still on a frickin' 125.

My "winter" starts after Sundays trackday. Our racing and trackdays take a break until September because of the unbelievable heat. If I'm talking about the trackday I did in December, don't be envious, be happy that you're not here. Most people stop riding even to commute in the summer here.