The New Forum

It's not bad, but a couple of things:

- the logo at the top is tall so you have to scroll more just to begin seeing things

- with the person's picture at the top rather than side, it makes the page longer

- a link at the top of the page to back to the main superbikeschool.com site is no longer there, only goes to the forum.

- the blue on blue typing in this input box is hard to read.

Yesterday there was a light blue scheme which seemed easier to read.

It's not bad, but a couple of things:

- the logo at the top is tall so you have to scroll more just to begin seeing things

- with the person's picture at the top rather than side, it makes the page longer

- a link at the top of the page to back to the main superbikeschool.com site is no longer there, only goes to the forum.

- the blue on blue typing in this input box is hard to read.

Yesterday there was a light blue scheme which seemed easier to read.

Text is difficult to read.

Yeah, the text might be just a bit harder to read, but I like being able to see the curser now. Where as before I had to guess if I was tryin to go back and correct or change something, or I had to use the arrow keys. That I didn't like. It would be nice to have a like back to the main CSS page.

Other than that I like it, seems to be easier to navigate and get to all the options w/out haveing to scroll down to get the smiles and such.

:rolleyes: I like it, txt is a little hard to read blue on blue, It would be cool if we could get a link to all 3 schools USA, UK, and Australia at the top of the page!

Re: New Forum format.

What works:

The layout is easy to navigate.

The inclusion of the Australian and UK School tabs is a huge plus! It offers more insight to the world wide reach of the School and also options for any of us planning an overseas trip.

The colors are "updated" and more subdued; they are real easy on the eyes.

What needs additional attention:

There is a gray highlight over the first line of a new post that is virtually invisible. I need to drag the curser over it so the underlying text is highlighted and jumps out of the background. I believe someone else already stated this but it is the only part of the new format that I think needs some additional study.

Otherwise it is a real positive improvement. I haven't tried the inserts or other features but did want to offer a first impression.

Kevin

Hopefully we will get things sorted out. The old skin wasn't compatible with this version of the forum which caused us some issues. Feedback is appreciated as we layer in the customization we had in the previous version.

Firstly, I appreciate the effort and time put into this forum by the CSS cast and crew, as I'm sure there are thousands of other forum participants nodding in agreement. Thanks. :wub:

I can only suggest that the contrast on

(see above) could be tweaked for ease of reading.

Cheers

I don't get what this is:

Warn: (0%)

It's in the upper right corner of a post, and next to the "Warn" there is a bar with a plus and minus on each end.

Anyone?

C

:blink:

CSS Admin already changed the font color, so it's not blue on blue any more, that's good.

It's in the upper right corner of a post, and next to the "Warn" there is a bar with a plus and minus on each end.

Anyone?

C

:blink:

Cobie, I use to help moderate a car website years ago and the forums we used had a system similar to that. The ways ours worked was you could get warnings from the admin and mods if you were not following the forum rules and guidelines. Different levels restricted your account in different ways and for different lengths of time depending on how you had it set up. I am not sure if this is the same way but that is the same way ours was displayed and how it worked.

Chris

Chris, thanks.

Basically we've only had one guy that we had to boot off of here, and that was after repeted private, and then public warnings.

Anyone?

C

I think that's a bad idea. Expect folks to conduct themselves poorly and they will; expect civility and be surprised when the rare person acts up. Plus it can easily become a stigma or even a barometer of "how close can I come to the edge without going over" (you know riders are edge people). Plus it's subjective...bad idea having the warn rating.

That's my $.02, so buy me low; cause I'm about to BLOW UUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP

I think that's a bad idea. Expect folks to conduct themselves poorly and they will; expect civility and be surprised when the rare person acts up. Plus it can easily become a stigma or even a barometer of "how close can I come to the edge without going over" (you know riders are edge people). Plus it's subjective...bad idea having the warn rating.

Got it. I"m guessing it came with whatever program the webmaster got for the new look. Haven't used it (nor know how to yet), doubt we'll need it.

C

Got it. I"m guessing it came with whatever program the webmaster got for the new look. Haven't used it (nor know how to yet), doubt we'll need it.

C

I would hope we dont need it here, I think this is quite a polite forum where you can ask a question and get the opinions of loads of like minded people, from trackdayers to some of the top instructors in the world, that is priceless!

I would hope we dont need it here, I think this is quite a polite forum where you can ask a question and get the opinions of loads of like minded people, from trackdayers to some of the top instructors in the world, that is priceless!

Don't think we will, haven't so far.

Read line below, read line below!

I have the problem spooky, it comes up with a white bar over it right? I just highlight the text with my cursor like I was about to cut and paste it and I can then read it a lot easier

I have the problem spooky, it comes up with a white bar over it right? I just highlight the text with my cursor like I was about to cut and paste it and I can then read it a lot easier

Thanks for the tip sleepr ;) could admin please look into the problem? I love trolling this forum its one of the best iv seen. Its frustrating not being able to read posts freely. Is anyone other than sleepr and myself having issues with the ''white bar''?

Thanks for the tip sleepr ;) could admin please look into the problem? I love trolling this forum its one of the best iv seen. Its frustrating not being able to read posts freely. Is anyone other than sleepr and myself having issues with the ''white bar''?

I just talked to another guy that is too, I'm going to pester the webmaster on this.

Best,

Cobie