Predictions For 09

Moto GP

A duke out: Casey, Valentino, Sete, Nicky. It's about time for Vermeulen and Hopkins to throw their hats into the ring....no wait...Kawasaki is out of the picture...sorry John...real bummer too.

World SBK

Ben Spies top 3 (at least)...and count on him to duke it out week in and week out.

Champions could be: Biaggi, Checa, Noriyuki Haga (my vote), and Jonathan Rea. But you can't leave out Neukirchner and Kagayama...they're strong and upcoming...Neukirchner is hungry too!

Now that I think about it....I think Ben Spies or Noriyuki Haga for Champ. Nori hasn't yet impressed me with his mentality. He rides awesome and I like him, but he's just missing that key ingredient. So, I go with.......hell, I don't know! The field is so good.......

AMA American Superbike

What's that? :lol::unsure:

http://admin.amaproracing.com/assets/D200-EntryList.pdf

OK, predictions for 09:

Moto GP

250 GP

World SB

AMA American Superbike

Let's hear what you think.

C

Moto gp who I'd like to win is Nicky Hayden, but who I think will be 2 major players will be dovitsioso and lorenzo, the field is very strong, every single one of them is capable of winning races! It would be nice if Suzuki can get their bike up to speed and get in the game!

W SBK Haga would be throwing it away if he doesn't win with the bike he has this year (Ducati 1198R)! But this is another strong field of riders, not to mention some new bikes, apriia RSV4, a V4 bike in the hands of Max Biaggi and Shinnia Nakano, the new BMW S1000RR rumoured to have pnumatic valves riden by Corser and Xuas! I would like to see Johnny Rae do well this year!

AMA I dont have so much knowledge in the AMA championship as we dont get much coverage of that here and it seems as though the safe bet is Mat Mladin but I think I will go for Tommy Hayden for this one!

AMA I dont have so much knowledge in the AMA championship as we dont get much coverage of that here and it seems as though the safe bet is Mat Mladin but I think I will go for Tommy Hayden for this one!

I like Tommy, but if I were a betting man I wouldn't put my money on him.

Anyone know where I can find out who is in this year? Their new website SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKS.

Now that Suzuki is back it will be Mladin riding by himself all season.

Where are you getting updated info?

Check it out here:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35430

So Mladin has changed his number....again (sigh).

Isn't Yamaha in the series with an official entry?

• 4 weeks later...

Glad they are back in it, that's good. Too bad they don't have a 2 rider team.

• 3 weeks later...
Moto GP

A duke out: Casey, Valentino, Sete, Nicky. It's about time for Vermeulen and Hopkins to throw their hats into the ring....no wait...Kawasaki is out of the picture...sorry John...real bummer too.

World SBK

Ben Spies top 3 (at least)...and count on him to duke it out week in and week out.

Champions could be: Biaggi, Checa, Noriyuki Haga (my vote), and Jonathan Rea. But you can't leave out Neukirchner and Kagayama...they're strong and upcoming...Neukirchner is hungry too!

Now that I think about it....I think Ben Spies or Noriyuki Haga for Champ. Nori hasn't yet impressed me with his mentality. He rides awesome and I like him, but he's just missing that key ingredient. So, I go with.......hell, I don't know! The field is so good.......

AMA American Superbike

I hold my breath watching Ben race. He's awesome. If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Ben for consecutive crowns in WSBK.

I hold my breath watching Ben race. He's awesome. If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Ben for consecutive crowns in WSBK.

He's insane. There is no way I would have guessed he would do so well. Problem is I'm a huge Haga fan, and this one year he has the possibility of winning.....

Moto GP

World SBK

AMA American Superbike

Hay Jay if you put money on him winning consecutive crowns, you'd have to wait years for your payout lol!

The new yamaha R1 is an amazing bike, and in Bens hands they are in a different league all together, this is a brand new bike just out and normally the procedure there is use the first few race weekends developing the bike a bit to make it more competitive. Not Ben Spies though, he just goes and takes this new bike fresh from the crate and wins 3 out of the first 4 races, wow! How will they perform when they have developed the bike a bit!

I was thinking same thing. Ben is new to WSBK, new tracks, new bike. He did what Valentino did when he moved to Yamaha. They expected 1st year to be development year, by all accounts the bike was far behind the Honda. Then they win the 1st race that year and the championship. It goes to show that the man IS 95% of the equation. I wonder who coached him???

In Ben's case, he has a steeper learning curve that Rossi. I think as long as he's racing up front he's okay. Race 1 where he got bumped was unsettling for him. Hard time coming through the field. I think he'll do great things.

The new yamaha R1 is an amazing bike, and in Bens hands they are in a different league all together, this is a brand new bike just out and normally the procedure there is use the first few race weekends developing the bike a bit to make it more competitive. Not Ben Spies though, he just goes and takes this new bike fresh from the crate and wins 3 out of the first 4 races, wow! How will they perform when they have developed the bike a bit!

I shudder to think what will happen when it's able to make the power of the Aprilia, which has been very impressive this year.

Did you see Max's interview from this weekend. He's right that no one really expects much from a new bike, but C'Mon Max, the motto is "you run what you brung." Ben is on a new bike too.

Ducati- according to the announcers, they feel defeated; they can do nothing with Ben.

Let's get some of the Hondas up there.

This has turned out to be a "cracking" season. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
OK, predictions for 09:

Moto GP

250 GP

World SB

AMA American Superbike

Let's hear what you think.

C

I am so demotivated to watch AMA now that's it's a week behind in broadcasting. Thanks DMG.

Hopkins is now in WSBK!!!...and on a competitive bike!

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/wsb...w-john-hopkins/

Let's see what happens.

It should be interesting to see how he gets on in WSBK, it would be good to see him do well with a non factory bike, but at least he's racing again.

• 7 months later...

MotoGP

Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo

WSB

Haga, Rea, Toseland

WSS

Laverty, Sofalolgu, Lascorz

BSB

Brookes(assuming he's back), Easton, Hill

We don't get AMA anymore, so can't comment.

Semi controversial, but hey not like someone's holding a gun to my head is it, or making me stake my life on it. ;)

Bullet