For Those About To Seca

Hotfoot,

We might have to see if we can arrange a little cook out (Domina, is this two words or one?) the evening of the 14th for some of the guys that have been on the thread. I think we are going to have a great time and I look forward to meeting You guys.

TWELVE DAYS and a wake up

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Benchracer,

Sounds awesome that you are going to make it. I have always felt that if I had the opportunity to visit a track, I would be riding. I'm sure I will be talking to you at some point, see you on the 15th.

Go to the Laguna Seca website and get the track map to prepare and also "Twist of the Wrist" book. You can also search for topics on the CSS website for key phrases and drills that are used in the book and classroom.

For those that have already done a school day at Laguna, is the track management still a stickler about noise reg's? I'd Love to do a day there some time.

-r.

Yes they are. There is a noise meter on the track. I did a school there last year and there was a guy there whose bike tripped the meter, really early in the day - I think he got warned once, then when he tripped it the second time he was told (by the track, not the school) that he couldn't ride anymore. He spent the remainder of the day trying to find some way to get a quieter pipe bought and installed so he could ride the next day, not sure if he got it done or not. I felt sorry for the guy, that would be hugely disappointing.

I know CSS sends a reminder out to anyone signed up for Laguna Seca about the noise regs - I got mine a few weeks ago, which is why I was joking about stuffing steel wool in my exhaust pipe. Just last night I put the sliencer insert back in my aftermarket pipe to make sure it will be stealth quiet. :ph34r:

Is it true that the track is very abrasive and a slightly harder tire might be a better choice than, say, PowerRace PR4s?

Domina,

I just wanted to remind you one more time that we have TEN days left....

Oh. I see. 23 was a typographical error as well. You meant 2 OR 3!

And, my deepest apologies for not going back far enough in the entertainment timeline. Though, it is good to see you've learned to access this new-fangled technology so you can be sure to look up what comes after ten when counting backwards. :rolleyes:

(Face it, you were Michael Jacksoned. There's no coming back from that.)

And, sorry for the delayed response. A cook-out (Hyphenated, like numerical conjunctions such as twenty-one, etc. hehehe.) sounds wonderful. It will be great to actually meet everyone. However, in case you missed it, Kevin "Rainman" Kane has threatened to grace us with his presence-in order to bring down the torrential monsoons of the apocalypse, no doubt. So, it may have to be a cook-in.

It seems my travel dates have been extended so, I'll have to catch up on the on-line repartee more tomorrow as I am hitting the road in SEVEN days and just have that much more to deal with. (Aside from having to try to sleep at some freakishly early hour-in Hollywood!-so that I can get up at some other ungodly hour as training for arriving at the track at least semi-conscious. Yes, I know. In TEN days.)

Domina,

And, my deepest apologies for not going back far enough in the entertainment timeline. Though, it is good to see you've learned to access this new-fangled technology so you can be sure to look up what comes after ten when counting backwards. :rolleyes:

And, sorry for the delayed response. A cook-out (Hyphenated, like numerical conjunctions such as twenty-one, etc. hehehe.) sounds wonderful. It will be great to actually meet everyone. However, in case you missed it, Kevin "Rainman" Kane has threatened to grace us with his presence-in order to bring down the torrential monsoons of the apocalypse, no doubt. So, it may have to be a cook-in.

It seems my travel dates have been extended so, I'll have to catch up on the on-line repartee more orrow as I am hitting the road in SEVEN days and just have that much more to deal with. (Aside from having to try to sleep at some freakishly early hour-in Hollywood!-so that I can get up at some other ungodly hour as training for arriving at the track at least semi-conscious. Yes, I know. In TEN days.)

The MJ video was great! I have you know, I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to best you! Well done Domina.

P.S. 23 was a typographical error.

Domina,

It seems my travel dates have been extended so, I'll have to catch up on the on-line repartee more orrow as I am hitting the road in SEVEN days and just have that much more to deal with. (Aside from having to try to sleep at some freakishly early hour-in Hollywood!-so that I can get up at some other ungodly hour as training for arriving at the track at least semi-conscious. Yes, I know. In TEN days.)

The MJ video was great! I have you know, I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to best you! Well done Domina.

You shouldn't have wasted your time. I have horrible images forever emblazoned in my memory to the tune of Europe's "Final Countdown".

In other news:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA...pnav_undeclared

Domina,

You shouldn't have wasted your time. I have horrible images forever emblazoned in my memory to the tune of Europe's "Final Countdown".

In other news:

What gives? No more Sesame Street? Don't tell me you forgot the Sacred Countdown.

I had to look up rutabaga.

Finally back on after what seems like forever!

What is happening with the cookout? How do I get in on this (I do like to eat).

CF

I thought since we (our group) were going to be staying in Monterrey for a week, Sat. thru Fri., we might invite a few of you guys over for some grillage. Nothing fancy just a chance to say hello to old and new friends. We can't cook for everyone but I thought that those that have been a part of Domina's thread might like to join us. Maybe we could do it Wednesday night? I will let you guys know something later.

I thought since we (our group) was going to be staying in Monterrey for a week, Sat. thru Fri., we might invite a few of you guys over for some grillage. Nothing fancy just a chance to say hello to old and new friends. We can't cook for everyone but I thought that those that have been a part of Domina's thread might like to join us. Maybe we could do it Wednesday night? I will let you guys know something later.

Nothing is happening if you don't post the number.

Domina,

In other news:

What gives? No more Sesame Street? Don't tell me you forgot the Sacred Countdown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJN2SPUcXTQ...&playnext=1

nine

Domina,

In other news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJN2SPUcXTQ...&playnext=1

nine

Good move. You have no idea what was about to happen...

Ok....I give up?

First, the sky would fall.

Then there would be crazy German hardcore with bagpipes.

And creepy looking guys in long leather skirts beating each other bloody.

Just so you know.....

Ok....I give up?

Just so you know.....

I just don't know what to say to that...

Ok....I give up?

Just so you know.....

Wow, you covered a lot of ground to get from Sesame Street to THAT!

Ok....I give up?

Just so you know.....

Wow, you covered a lot of ground to get from Sesame Street to THAT!

...Rainman has just cancelled his scheduled cameo appearance...if that guy is bringing freakin' bagpipes then I am out!

Ok....I give up?

Just so you know.....

In my opinion, the correct reply would be:

"Domina is hereby and forever relieved of any and all countdown responsibilities."

I all about responsibility-free!

BTW-if I'm leaving on Saturday and Fossil's leaving on Saturday.....

In my opinion, the correct reply would be:

"Domina is hereby and forever relieved of any and all countdown responsibilities."

I all about responsibility-free!

BTW-if I'm leaving on Saturday and Fossil's leaving on Saturday.....

I think Fossil is the Countdown King.

C