Level 1, Here I Come!

OK. First post here. Going to Sears Point track on the 16th of March for Level 1.

I've read all the books. And I'll read all the post that seem relevent.

I swore for years I'd never buy a crotch rocket, but, it seems like I've developed a desire to learn something new!

So, I'm REALLY stoked. PLEASE GOD, DON'T LET IT RAIN!

See you there!

Mark

OK. First post here. Going to Sears Point track on the 16th of March for Level 1.

I swore for years I'd never buy a crotch rocket, but, it seems like I've developed a desire to learn something new!

See you there!

Mark

Mark,

Well, you've jumped in now--resisted for a while and now you need a fix--join the other cornering junkies!

I do hope it stays clear too.

Come say hello when you get there, sounds like we've got a few members going to be there that day, Kevin and Chunger are set too.

Best,

Cobie

I will be there for level 1 and 2. I have been hooked on the track since november of 2008 since then I have done 4 open track days. An I hope this school will take my confidence an cornering skills to another level. I am really looking foward to this!

See you there!

Mark

Mark,

Well, you've jumped in now--resisted for a while and now you need a fix--join the other cornering junkies!

I do hope it stays clear too.

Come say hello when you get there, sounds like we've got a few members going to be there that day, Kevin and Chunger are set too.

Best,

Cobie

• 2 weeks later...

I will be there doing my level 3 and 4. I look forward to meeting all of you coming out. It will be nice to meet a bunch of people and put faces with the names from the boards.

See you there!

Mark

Have fun, don't treat it as a trackday and listen to what the instructors tell you. I did my level 2 in the pi*sing rain. I felt that I learned more in the rain. It was a bit sketchy to begin with but once I got used to the back losing traction it was fine. I had a couple of front end slides (not nice), but this was due to poor throttle control.

You'll have a great day and learn loads.

Hey Guys,

Since there are going to be so manyy of us there, do you guys want to set something up and meet? I can't do a long dinner, but I could do a regular dinner. What do you guys think?

CF

I know myself and my friend who is doing level 1 & 2 there are in and would love to do that. So count two of us in for a dinner. How about the rest of you guys, what do you think?

I know myself and my friend who is doing level 1 & 2 there are in and would love to do that. So count two of us in for a dinner. How about the rest of you guys, what do you think?

Maybe we could get Kevin to organize this? School days are usually pretty jammed for me :blink:

Maybe we could get Kevin to organize this? School days are usually pretty jammed for me :blink:

Cobie;

I don't recall there being many restaurants in Novato but my reference points are limited to a single day there last November...any suggestions and we can take it from there.

Kevin

Maya Palenque is about 10 minutes from the track. That is where we end up getting dinner whenever I watch my friends race karts. They have large amounts of room and seem to be the place where most visiting teams eat.

I have yet to meet folks on this board, and I'm sure my friend and I would be good for dinner Monday.

69 degree high, mostly sunny!

Maya Palenque is about 10 minutes from the track. That is where we end up getting dinner whenever I watch my friends race karts. They have large amounts of room and seem to be the place where most visiting teams eat.

I have yet to meet folks on this board, and I'm sure my friend and I would be good for dinner Monday.

Hey Apollo;

Can you post an address for Maya Palenque? Maybe we can call them before and set up a time for a group table.

Kevin

Hey Apollo;

Can you post an address for Maya Palenque? Maybe we can call them before and set up a time for a group table.

Kevin

Kevin,

Here's their webpage:

http://www.tastymexican.com/

Phone:

(415)883-6292

And a map from the track:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=349+Enfr...e=UTF8&z=13

-Allard

I won't be arriving from South America intil midnight Sunday the 15th.

So can't make a get together Sunday evening.

(My wife is coming over to hang out with me at the track and watch me learn something new)

Departing for the East coast at 11 pm Monday night following the day at the track. Little time to catch up so can't make a get together Monday evening either.

Bummer.

Have fun for me if you all meet up

Hey Apollo;

Kevin

Kevin,

Here's their webpage:

http://www.tastymexican.com/

Phone:

(415)883-6292

And a map from the track:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=349+Enfr...e=UTF8&z=13

-Allard

Allard;

Thanks for putting this up here. It's close, it looks like a pretty nice restaurant and the menu looks excellent. I'm not arrivng until late Sunday evening but since I signed up to ride both days, I'm up for going there Monday evening.

Kevin

Kevin

I'll be there for levels 1 + 2 and would also like to meet for dinner. Is this sunday night you're talking about?

Dwayne;

Others may be going Sunday evening and I would encourage as many of you who are going to be there to go. I am not arriving in NoCal until late Sunday evening so I won't be able to make it.

What about others? Does anyone else want to go there Sunday evening?

Kevin

Mexican sounds good to me. If we have too many of us, we could get 2 tables. One thing I've noticed is big tables, take a long time to get served. Also, I suggest we go right from the track (some like to go back to the hotel and get gussied up, but that just takes too long).

Monday sounds good to me too.

CF

Mexican sounds good to me. If we have too many of us, we could get 2 tables. One thing I've noticed is big tables, take a long time to get served. Also, I suggest we go right from the track (some like to go back to the hotel and get gussied up, but that just takes too long).

Monday sounds good to me too.

CF

Usually there would be 2-3 groups of 10-20 after races and service was consistently solid. They're setup with long tables for groups.

My friend and I are in for Monday evening as well.