Nov 9-10, Sears Pt (ok, Infineon)

The forum is not a sales area, but we can bend it a hair to let it be known that a school isn't full.

Sears has long been considered one of the "rider" tracks on the west coast. Laguna gets more press due to the racing, but isn't really as challenging as Sears. Series of turns, one linked to another really test what a rider can do, and shows where weak and strong; are all his/her skills in order, or is a rider good at only a few? With Sears, it's just about one endless series of turns, where Laguna has a number of turn/straight then turn/straight sections.

And the weather is supposed to be good too!

End of shameless plug :rolleyes:

CF

The forum is not a sales area, but we can bend it a hair to let it be known that a school isn't full.

Sears has long been considered one of the "rider" tracks on the west coast. Laguna gets more press due to the racing, but isn't really as challenging as Sears. Series of turns, one linked to another really test what a rider can do, and shows where weak and strong; are all his/her skills in order, or is a rider good at only a few? With Sears, it's just about one endless series of turns, where Laguna has a number of turn/straight then turn/straight sections.

And the weather is supposed to be good too!

End of shameless plug :rolleyes:

CF

To all NoCal riders;

Cobie speaks truth to power - Sears Point (I am old enough to use that reference) is an awesome track. If circumstances would permit it, I would be there but it is more than 2,500 miles away from here and I just can't get there this time. I have ridden both Laguna and Infineon multiple times (4 times this year alone) and IMHO, Infineon is so much more challenging/exciting; - given the choice between the two I would pick Infineon EVERY time.

Rainman

When I was thinking of options for level 3-4, I looked back over Laguna, and didn't get very excited about it. I want to get through the corkscrew one day, but I liked the Vegas track because it's a straight followed by repetitively setting up for corners.

My buddy Kurtis and I are coming to the camp at Infineon on Monday/Tuesday. Do you run the control trainer and slide/lean/braking bike there?

Looking forward to the camp - I did it a couple of years ago and I'm sure I can use a tune up! (or more :rolleyes: ). Infineon should be great fun.

Hey John E,

The answer to your question is weather permitting we can run all of the off-track

training bikes.

Checked the weather and right now it is set to be nice both days.

See you next week.

Oh SNAP, big T. Pennington checking in. Cool to see you on the forum Trevor! Not sure how you snuck 8 posts past me but I'm impressed!

I see you have the nickname "T-shirt" in your sig... I like your other nickname "Boss Hogg" even better bit then again it's a well known fact that I have poor taste, if I actually possess any at all!

it's a well known fact that I have poor taste, if I actually possess any at all!

I'm sure your wife would disagree with you on this point. So do I man. Plus, I like "Boss Hog" or just "Boss" is pretty good. Come to think of it, saying "boss" on the radio would be quicker than saying "course control". Both versions have less syllables. :)

Turns out we had a couple of GREAT days at Sears. Weather was just about perfect. A little cool, but really in the end not a problem--although, to be honest, I wish I had been on the Q-2's!

CF

Turns out we had a couple of GREAT days at Sears. Weather was just about perfect. A little cool, but really in the end not a problem--although, to be honest, I wish I had been on the Q-2's!

CF

It was totally awesome and thanks for letting me join in the fun on Monday. Hey Cobie, what tires were you running if not the Q2's?

CF

It was totally awesome and thanks for letting me join in the fun on Monday. Hey Cobie, what tires were you running if not the Q2's?

Coaches get used race tires. It's a harder juggling act on keeping the tires warm, in many cases, going on and off the track, hard to keep them warm at all.