2-day Camp

Hi,

If the one day classes are in order by levels (i.e. I - IV), then what levels are covered in the two day class?

The reason I ask, is because I wanted to know what 1-day class I would attend afterwards...

Also, is it smart to attend the 2-day first? Or, should I be attending a 1 day class for the first one?

Finally, I have been to Kevin Schwantz's 2 day class (in October) and was wondering if I would adjust any of my "levels" because of this?

Thanks in advance for any answers,

Vaughn

Hi Vaughn,

The Levels at the Schools are not a reflection of your abilities they are just the start and end of the curricum we have. So, if you have not been to us before you would start at Level One and work your way through. On a 2 Day camp then you would do Levels 1 and 2.

Hope this helps

Andy Ibbott

School Director (Europe)

The Levels at the Schools are not a reflection of your abilities they are just the start and end of the curricum we have.

That's such a stigma to overcome B)

Naturally we're all lightning fast champions with 18" err... nevermind... and to attend a level 1 just seems wrong

I totally know what you are talking about, we get this question a lot. Riders think that we are going to be doing something "too basic" or too slow in ths level. Truth is, if a rider can't do the level 1 most important, key, have-to-have-it-right skills, then how are they really going to get in to awesome control? The very best guys do these skills religiously.

I've been fortunate to watch Keith coaching some world class riders, 1-1. Right before one of them won a world championship, all Keith was working on was one of the Level 1 skills!

Whenever we get a top rider at the school (2 of the 3 Haydens, both of the Bostroms, etc., etc.) they always run through level 1, and on top of never complaining about doing Level 1, they are all ears.

There are no restrictions on speed at any of our schools, we just want to guy to be in control as he adds it!

Best,

CF

I absolutely agree with Cobie. I spent two days last week at a local track, and on the second day all I did was work on level 1 drills (three of them to be exact). Each session I went out with a specific plan and worked on only one thing. And guess what? I was riding plenty fast. I think you will find this true of most sports. The basics are so, so important!

I am by no means "good enough" to skip level one... I was just curious. Also, what if I take a 1 day level 1... Would my 2 day camp then be 2 and 3? If so, how do you guys manage a class like that full of people from differing levels? Again, I am just curious.

I plan to take all 4 levels... At least 2 or 3 this coming season. Is there a learning rate? I.e. would you prefer us to take one level, then practice for a couple of months before going back for the next level? If so, is the 2 day camp not quite as good as 2 one day camps with some practice time between them?

Thanks for taking the time,

Rip

I did the 2-day first. It would say that the 2-day was the best, it was a blast and lots of track time. But I would say that you have plenty to think about no matter which way you do it. I got through Levels 1-2 in the two day camp and then have done one day schools since. I really want to get back to a two day camp. It was a blast and you get to play with all the school's toys. I was watching a DVD of my laps back in '98, man I was slow, and I felt like I was FLYING... all perspective. Barber was a blast this year. Best track yet I think.

If you have completed your first day at the school doing Level 1 and you are pleased with your results, then the 2 Day Camp would be Levels 2 and 3. There is nothing stopping you from doing levels that you have completed more than once. From my experience, after completing Level 1, I took Level 2 the next day because of how much I learned in Level 1 and what mysteries must be waiting for me in the next levels. I was not dissappointed.

The advantage to taking the 2 Day Camp is that the instructor to student ratio is much better, the track sessions are longer and there are more of them. Not to mention being able to drill on the specialty bikes regardless of your level.

As far as the instructors keeping track of who is at what level, we are assigned specific students and given details on each student that we have. We each keep the same students all day. The bikes are numbered wether you ride a school bike or bring your own and most times, students who are taking the same levels are generally put together.

Level 4 is the highest you can go. Don't be dissappointed to hear this though. Programs are customized to fit you and are modified throughout the day as your skills improve or if you just want to work on one thing only. Your instructor, the Level 4 liason and Keith make those decissions as they discuss your progress with you. This level is meant to be "about you, the rider" and having several sets of eyes watching you improve. I know as an instructor, I have 5 to 7 other instructors watching me every time I am on the track and pointing out things here and there that would make me become a better rider, and it has paid off many times over.

Good luck and I hope to see you at the school.

2-day schools have been our most popular--you get it all, and more attention to boot.

I often recommend doing 2 days (whethere a 2-day camp, or two of the one day schools back - to - back) the first time you come to us.

After that, do them however you like!

Best,

Cobie