Ahoy From Sacramento

I'm Nate. I live in Sacramento, CA. Orignally from Marin County. I started on dirt as a teen and moved up to sportbikes a few years ago. Worked at a local bike shop for a while and ended up with the name "slider" and "crash" :/ Take a guess why. I decided I was done trying to kill myself, so now I ride track. I've been stuck in B group for the past 2 years. Gradually getting faster and more confident. A couple months ago I decided to get the TOTW II dvd and all the books so I could pin point some things. I have yet to read the books, but I've got a nack for monkey see monkey do. Watched the dvd about 10 and did a couple small practices on a backroad. Well... what can I say. It worked! I rode harder than I ever have before in complete control. Dropped 7 seconds off of last years times, dragged both elbows numerous times, and left darkies all over the place. They ended up bumping me up to A group biggrin.gif

I have yet to attend a school due to funding of other things. But I hope to next year. I have a lot to learn so I'm very open to anything that will help. I do have some specific issues that I'd like to address later. Hope to learn as much as I can from everyone here. Awesome site btw

Hi Slider,

Glad you got the DVD and books, they are great!

Sounds like you belong on the track for sure, that's the place to drag parts.

Best,

CF

ps--welcome to the forum.

Hi Slider,

Glad you got the DVD and books, they are great!

Sounds like you belong on the track for sure, that's the place to drag parts.

Best,

CF

ps--welcome to the forum.

Thanks Cobie smile.gif I was just curious what it takes to become an instructor, other than taking the school. Pretty sure I'm a little behind for my age to catch a full ride on a race team so I figured the next best thing would be to teach. I think I could be really good at it providing I have the right training. Any thoughts?

Hello Slider07,

I'm like you--nickname "Crash," learned a lot from the CD and want to attend the school as soon as I can collect the cash. Nice to hear the techniques helped you save SEVEN SECONDS from your lap time. Awesome.

thanks guys smile.gif I do all my trackdays at sears and thunderhill. Usually with keigwins, but I got the last couple free with z2trackdays. I won't ride with any other organizations. Both keigwins and z2 are super organized and tend to have really good staff. Should be doing another one at T hill on the 16th if anyone would like to join

thanks guys smile.gif I do all my trackdays at sears and thunderhill. Usually with keigwins, but I got the last couple free with z2trackdays. I won't ride with any other organizations. Both keigwins and z2 are super organized and tend to have really good staff. Should be doing another one at T hill on the 16th if anyone would like to join

Very cool! Well again welcome, wouldn't be shocked if we'll be riding the same days down the road. B)

Nate - Reading your post was like reading a brief history of myself.....Guy rides dirt, gets on road, not real fast, crash, slide, crash, scrape, crash, still not real fast, finds CSS, BOOM!

Very cool. 7 seconds is massive!

Gorecki - let me know when you move back to the bay. I'm always lookin for new people to ride with.

Adam 06- lmao couldn't have said it better. Although I'm still not that fast blink.gif About 10-15 seconds off of a competitive race pace. Then again, the top afm guys are also top 10 AMA guys

Gorecki - let me know when you move back to the bay. I'm always lookin for new people to ride with.

Will do! Actually, I'll be in Berkeley most of the last couple of weeks in August...but no machine. :rolleyes:

Makes me start thinking, I wonder how many people have ridden a Ninja from coast to coast? A few I'm sure, but still sounds like an interesting adventure. :ph34r:

no ride? having it shipped? I think this next trackday is going to be my last one for the year unless I can come up with the funds somehow.

I sure wouldn't want to ride a ninja that far. Maybe an SV or a KLR though. Sounds like it could be fun on something comfy

no ride? having it shipped? I think this next trackday is going to be my last one for the year unless I can come up with the funds somehow.

I sure wouldn't want to ride a ninja that far. Maybe an SV or a KLR though. Sounds like it could be fun on something comfy

Yeah, don't think I'm going to try and ride, just out there this month to setup a kid for college. When we eventually move I'll trailer my street, track and dirt bikes with what ever else I can haul. Like I said before, gonna be a little while, but we'll get there! ;)