Twist Of The Wrist Iv

I recall meeting Mr Code (both of them actually) on one of their visits to Australia. At a Ducati Owners Cub of Vic meeting he mentioned Twist of the Wrist IV was on the way.

I know all great books take time, and I'd far prefer the Twist series to War & Peace, but I have to ask... Is it still coming? I for one look forward to it and in its absense I love the articles on this site. Still though, Keith Code's words are worth a thousand pictures.

Steve Frew

Phillip Island

I guess that soft science is the 3rd book so whatever the next ones called it will be number 4!

I guess that soft science is the 3rd book so whatever the next ones called it will be number 4!

Didn't Soft Science come out between Twist I & II ?

Cobie/Keith: please chip in here.

Kai

Kai

I cant be 100% certain of when SS was released Kai but order I read them in was twist, twist 2, then SS! regardless off their order of release though the next book will still be the 4th!

Ilook forward to it being released, I suspect that all us forum members may have had a sneak peek at the books contents just by reading certain things on this forum!

Bobby

I don't know what the plan is for the forth book, but I'd like to see a book that maximizes performance and safety for street riders.

For example: racing type throttle control works well for most corners on the street, but racing lines often don't (because sand, rocks, kids, dogs or traffic prevents you from using your whole lane); using only the front brake works fine on the track, but will dump you on your head the first time you try it on a gravel driveway. Somethings apply. Somethings just don't. If Keith doesn't write this book, I just might! :)

I cant be 100% certain of when SS was released Kai but order I read them in was twist, twist 2, then SS! regardless off their order of release though the next book will still be the 4th!

Funny. I read them in reverse order: Twist-2, Soft Science, and finally Twist(-1).

I just checked in my bookcase:

Twist-I: Copyright says "1983, 2002"

Soft Science: copyright says "1986, 1998"

Twist-II: my dogeared version just says "Copyright 1993" :-D

So while a future book will be a "version 4" regardless the order of the first thrree books, SS came in between the twisties.

Kai

Kai

Ilook forward to it being released, I suspect that all us forum members may have had a sneak peek at the books contents just by reading certain things on this forum!

Bobby

Then how was the third book not called TOTW 3? I'm not sure they put too much stock into the exact order you read them when naming/numbering their books.

Kai

Bobby

Then how was the third book not called TOTW 3? I'm not sure they put too much stock into the exact order you read them when naming/numbering their books.

I stand corrected Kai lol,

Jason, I think twist of the wrist 2 was called twist 2 since it was the second twist book even though as Kai pointed out it is the third book released, it would make sense then that if the next book was to use the twist name it would be twist 3, even though it would be the fourth book!

As for the order they are read in, I think most people start with 2, then get into it and then go and buy twist 1, I think that a much lower percentage of people read SS which is a shame as its a really good book but can be tough going at times!

Bobby

We could always get Keith to call it Twist of the Wrist 2.5???

LOL, yeah or even soft science 2!

Kai

Bobby

Jason, I think twist of the wrist 2 was called twist 2 since it was the second twist book even though as Kai pointed out it is the third book released, it would make sense then that if the next book was to use the twist name it would be twist 3, even though it would be the fourth book!

As for the order they are read in, I think most people start with 2, then get into it and then go and buy twist 1, I think that a much lower percentage of people read SS which is a shame as its a really good book but can be tough going at times!

Bobby

LOL. We all knew that all along, Captain Obvious. We were just waiting for you to catch up.

Kai

Bobby

Bobby

LOL. We all knew that all along, Captain Obvious. We were just waiting for you to catch up.

Hmm what exactly are you talking about?

Since I appear to have made a fool of myself!

You guys are funny!

Twist 1 is recommended first (if anyone asks and is getting them all), Twist 2, then Soft is more for the track rider/racer.

The Twist videos/dvd's came after each of the books had been out for a while and KC wanted to make some points really clear, after having gotten years of feedback on each.

He does keep talking about Twist 3, you guys should just shoot him a note, maybe that would bring it on sooner!

keith@superbikeschool.com

Even in the audio CD's there is additional data to what's in the books.

A free sticker if anyone can tell which if any bike(s) I rode in Twist 1 video.

CF

A free sticker if anyone can tell which if any bike(s) I rode in Twist 1 video.

Cobie, that's impossible because I'm cacking myself from laughing whenever I see something from the Twist-1 video (especially because it's dubbed in German).

Kai

• 1 month later...

Kai,

Well, no free stickers yet. Here is one scene I was in: when the car came around the turn, I was in street clothes, green jacket I think, and nearly hit the car--pulled over and got my heart rate under 200. It was staged of course, but, I nearly did hit that car!

CF

So, I just read Twist 1 and Twist 2 back to back... I think I'll wait until after I do the 2-day camp to read SS. There was more than enough to try and absorb from Twist 1 and 2... but I wonder what else could be written that isn't in those 2.

-Brian

Brian,

That's a good start and plan overall. After you have been on the track, I think Soft can make even more sense. That is the book that resulted from Keith working with Wayne Rainey.

CF

I recall meeting Mr Code (both of them actually) on one of their visits to Australia. At a Ducati Owners Cub of Vic meeting he mentioned Twist of the Wrist IV was on the way.

I know all great books take time, and I'd far prefer the Twist series to War & Peace, but I have to ask... Is it still coming? I for one look forward to it and in its absense I love the articles on this site. Still though, Keith Code's words are worth a thousand pictures.

Steve Frew

Phillip Island

So.... thank you all for your input... I take then that we are no closer now to Twist 4 than we were 4 years ago when it was mooted.

Cobie, maybe you can remind the man about this 'promise' :)

I got one of those old puppies in my own garage... love that model.

Sticker time when I fly over!!!! :D

That was a close call.

post-3274-280992_thumb.jpg

post-3274-129283717528_thumb.jpg