Forum Was Down

Hi All,

Some of you had noticed that the forum was down late yesterday and earlier today. The reason was to get some updates done on the server. We had been getting hammered with spammers, and Rainman (Kevin) was working his skinny behind off to stay ahead of this stuff (thank you Rainman!). Maybe we'll just call him the "Spaminator" what do you think?

Thank you for those that sent us notes to let us know it was down, we do appreciate that :).

It's up and running now, and hopefully less spam for us to war against.

Best,

CF

Hopefully, you've locked out the vermins tight this time - they sure were posting ###### fast and furious!

Cobie: the CSS logo in the top left corner has been replaced by a generic IPBoard logo - you might want to get that fixed ;)

Kai

Spammers are attacking again :angry:

I've sent a PM to Rainman on the ones I've seen (including the latest one weneemboche). I encourage everyone else to do so too, so we can get these vermins out of the way as quickly as possible.

Don't make the forum a soft target for these attacks, 'cause it just brings in more spammers.

Kai

Thanks guys for keeping the site clean of garbage. I'm sure there's a lot of hard work involved.

Aaron

Trevor is 'da Man!

After the update he was able to go back in and fine tune the settings to catch them before they could post; we are all breathing a huge sigh of relief.

I know as a Corner Worker how tightly he controls every track so it was not a surprise to see him take total control of the Forum and wrestle it away from the flood of spam bots that washed up on the Forum in the past week.

Rain

Hopefully, you've locked out the vermins tight this time - they sure were posting ###### fast and furious!

Cobie: the CSS logo in the top left corner has been replaced by a generic IPBoard logo - you might want to get that fixed ;)

Kai

Kai,

That seems to be back up, let me know how it looks to you.

CF

That seems to be back up, let me know how it looks to you.

For some reason, it still shows it wrong on my desktop computer - both in Firefox and Internet Explorer: :(

I think it looked OK when I took a brief look with my laptop from work.

Kai

post-15296-0-36722000-1296249207_thumb.png

Thanks again to Rainman, he really kept this forum from becoming a smut filled wasteland while we worked

to get the updates and some more security in place.

The SPAMers mananged to get around all of the security precautions that are the standard for most forums,

I wouldn't want to have to monitor more then one forum with how good the SPAMers are now. I was sweating

just from trying to "Whack-a-Mole" them on this one. (Thanks to Rainman for that phrase too).

Thanks again to Rainman, he really kept this forum from becoming a smut filled wasteland while we worked

The SPAMers mananged to get around all of the security precautions that are the standard for most forums,

I wouldn't want to have to monitor more then one forum with how good the SPAMers are now. I was sweating

just from trying to "Whack-a-Mole" them on this one. (Thanks to Rainman for that phrase too).

Gotta 2nd this: Rainman was on a mission to keep us from having to deal with that: we were at the show in NY, getting sore feat, but talking to riders all day long, was fun.

You guys should call and ask Whitney about her calling the black biker club/gangs, her "homeys" they just about fell over laughing so hard.

CF

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta 2nd this: Rainman was on a mission to keep us from having to deal with that: we were at the show in NY, getting sore feat, but talking to riders all day long, was fun.

You guys should call and ask Whitney about her calling the black biker club/gangs, her "homeys" they just about fell over laughing so hard.

CF

Yup!! Maybe now a height attribute might be in order for the logo ......... :ph34r::lol:

Yup!! Maybe now a height attribute might be in order for the logo ......... :ph34r::lol:

Yeah, long story, they lost the original artwork, and just now got this "band aid" in place.

You guys cut no slack (as I would expext) :D

CF

Yeah, long story, they lost the original artwork, and just now got this "band aid" in place.

You guys cut no slack (as I would expext) :D

CF

"They"??? Don't you have your own webmaster?

The new webmaster does handle the webpage, but the forum is a bit off to one side...takes me a little longer to get stuff done for this.

CF

Archived