2 Day Camp At Vir 5/18-19

I've signed up to do levels 3 & 4 at VIR on May 18th-19th and I'm really looking forward to the experience. I did levels 1 & 2 as one day classes and I think the added coaching is going to be very helpful (and trust me I need all the help I can get).

Is anyone else here planning on attending?

I'll be there! Oh, probably not what you were thinking :unsure:

2-day camp will spoil you.

Best,

CF

I guess it is kind of important for you to be there. Let me know if you have time and I'll buy you the beverage of your choice at the Oak Tree Tavern. :D

I did my first camp with CSS last year at Barber in June. It was a 2-day camp, and it was totally awesome. As Cobie said, the 2-day camp will spoil you.

I'm really hoping I can be fit in time to go to VIR in May, but at this point it's hard to know if I'll make it. I crashed at VIR last summer while doing a 1-day camp, and unfortunately I'm not healed. I go in for two MRI's in a couple weeks, and hopefully that'll better identify the problem so they can get me back in shape.

I did my first camp with CSS last year at Barber in June. It was a 2-day camp, and it was totally awesome. As Cobie said, the 2-day camp will spoil you.

I'm really hoping I can be fit in time to go to VIR in May, but at this point it's hard to know if I'll make it. I crashed at VIR last summer while doing a 1-day camp, and unfortunately I'm not healed. I go in for two MRI's in a couple weeks, and hopefully that'll better identify the problem so they can get me back in shape.

I hope you heal up soon. Good luck with the MRI and if you are going to be at VIR on the 18 or 19 of May let me know.

I've signed up to do levels 3 & 4 at VIR on May 18th-19th and I'm really looking forward to the experience. I did levels 1 & 2 as one day classes and I think the added coaching is going to be very helpful (and trust me I need all the help I can get).

I'll be there too.:) Glad you signed up, you'll for sure have 10x the fun.

I'll be there too.:) Glad you signed up, you'll for sure have 10x the fun.

That's cool Pete. Maybe we can finish what we started in my level 1 class last year!

• 3 months later...

Forgive me for bumping my own thread but I thought I would see if anyone else is signed up for the 2 day camp at VIR next week. I'll be arriving Tuesday evening and staying at the Paddock suites so if you are going to be there let me know, I'll stop by and say hi.

Best,

Carey

I'll not be there, (understandably), but you have a cool time, and learn loads. ;)

Let us know how you get on.

Bullet

I'll not be there, (understandably), but you have a cool time, and learn loads. ;)

Let us know how you get on.

Bullet

Oh I understand. You heard what a mind-numbingly dense student I am and don't want me ruining your record as an ace coach! If I ever make it over the pond (I would love to do a class at Silverstone) I'm gonna make sure they put me with you. :D

As I recall we had guest coaches from the UK last August at VIR however I didn't get to work with them and I'm not sure what the whole story was but I'm sure they were entertained by the antics of a pack of southern colonials.

I'll definitely let you know how it goes, considering I did levels 1 & 2 as one day classes I can't wait to see how the extra coaching time pays off at the two day camp.

Best,

Carey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

warregl, do you know if visitors (e.g. friends and family) are allowed on VIR? And if they do, can they move around the track or are they confined to the pits/paddock area?

max

Max,

When I've been there there were guests in attendance but I've never taken anyone. As for where they are allowed, I know the pit/paddock area has picknick tables and some nice views of the track so that's where I've seen people watching. If I were you I would give them a call to get the specifics - (434) 822-2680 - they are a very helpful group.

Best,

Carey

do you know if visitors (e.g. friends and family) are allowed on VIR? And if they do, can they move around the track or are they confined to the pits/paddock area?

Somehow I overlooked this question, otherwise I'd have replied sooner. My wife was with me when I was at VIR last year, and she had effectively unrestricted access throughout the facility. There are, of course, areas where only VIR staff are authorized, and so those areas obviously were off limits, but otherwise she wandered about the facility at her leisure while I was out on the track.

do you know if visitors (e.g. friends and family) are allowed on VIR? And if they do, can they move around the track or are they confined to the pits/paddock area?

Somehow I overlooked this question, otherwise I'd have replied sooner. My wife was with me when I was at VIR last year, and she had effectively unrestricted access throughout the facility. There are, of course, areas where only VIR staff are authorized, and so those areas obviously were off limits, but otherwise she wandered about the facility at her leisure while I was out on the track.

+1 on this, there are some nice places at VIR to observe the track - some shady picnic tables, and if not all the classroom areas are in use there maybe be an upstairs area where someone can be inside (in the A/C)and look down on the track through windows. No guests would be allowed ON the actual racetrack, of course, or in the hot-pit area where the bikes are coming and going, but there are lots of places for a guest to look out over the track. One caution, though - two day camps are busy for the rider, you are either on track or in the classroom pretty much all the time, so there isn't much opportunity to visit with your guests except at lunch, or before and after your school day. That being said, VIR is one of the nicest racetracks I've seen, for just hanging around to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

[Somehow I overlooked this question, otherwise I'd have replied sooner. My wife was with me when I was at VIR last year, and she had effectively unrestricted access throughout the facility. There are, of course, areas where only VIR staff are authorized, and so those areas obviously were off limits, but otherwise she wandered about the facility at her leisure while I was out on the track.

Sounds good - my friend wants to practice his photo skills on "fast(er) moving objects" and I have a vested interested in collecting few pictures of my endeavours.

I'm not so concern about being social with visitors - I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to talk to my friend before and after the school.

max

There are plenty of places where your friend should be able to get some great high speed shots from all around the track at VIR.

And there will be a photographer there (who probably will have access to some areas your friend might not be allow in) who will take some great, very high res shots (I had some friends blow several of them up to poster size and they still look great) that will be for sale.

Have a great time and let us know how it goes.

And there will be a photographer there (who probably will have access to some areas your friend might not be allow in) who will take some great, very high res shots (I had some friends blow several of them up to poster size and they still look great) that will be for sale.

My experience with "court photographer" so far has been rather underwhelming: one or two locations, "standard" shots - it's almost as if he was shooting a wedding.

I can understand this - it's a job, there are 60 guys running around, there is no time to be creative plus he needs to run home to print all the stuff and bring it back

on the same afternoon to show prints before people run away.

I hope someone who knows me personally is more likely to get something memorable.

Have a great time and let us know how it goes.

I'll be sitting on Brad's tail... if he makes it to VIR for the camp.

I'll be sitting on Brad's tail... if he makes it to VIR for the camp.

I don't think anyone can ride slow enough to be stuck behind me :)

I'm either doing the 17th or the 18th &19th, so I'll be around one way or another. I have a NESBA track day for the 20th, so if I do the 17th I'm not really sure what I'll do on the 18th & 19th. Maybe I could help work a corner or something.

personalized kids rooms

Archived