Hi All :-), New Here With Pleasure.

Hi all,

My name is Ronen acovi, I had just attended the last Las-Vegas 2-days camp levels 1 and 2.

Currently, I live in Pasadena, near LA, finishing my post-doctoral research at NASA-JPL. Originally, I came from Israel more than 2.5 years ego and I'm going back there to marry my fiancee, Sharon.

First I would like very much to thank everyone involved with CSS and the Las-Vegas camp.

In the past I heard a lot about CSS, I read Keith's books but never even dared to imagine what could I gained from the course itself.

As a scientist (I'm a PhD. in Astrophysics... ) I see how the phrase "The science of..." has been used for so many things and fields that any connection between them, the way the are done and science - doesn't exist, even if we stretch the term "science" to it's maximum capacity...

What I saw and went through during this camp, in my personal view, is indeed "The science of riding motorcycles".

The teaching methods, the practicing, the reviews, the second, third and even more trials to improve and get better and better up to the highest level of finness - was what I was used to only during my qualification process as a scientist.

Every action had a well established reason. Any point was reviewed from several aspects and I had learned so much not only about riding - but the physiology, psychology of riding and the processes that take place in our brains while riding (or driving).

Second, the patience, the smiles. The ability of the instructors to know and to teach and to observe - both in class and on track.

In class I had Dylan, Andi and Gary as instructors. All of them were very well prepared, even to deal with unexpected questions.

On track, I had Gary as my coach... I didn't have the opportunity to ride with other instructors so I'll say a few words about Gary, assuming with an intelegent guess that all the other coaches don't fall far from it:

At first was very much afraid of riding there... I was out on the still wet track the third rider in the first morning, first session watching the first rider low-side - live, and I had never experienced a track riding before. I was slow and had a lot of mistakes. Gary picked them one after the other, observed and recognized their source and had very useful suggestions during the briefings. On track, I used to find him passing me, tapping on the tail and demonstrating the right way to do things, letting me practice it fir the rest of the session. The ability to observe the source of mistakes and the patience were amazing, and very assuring.

Needless to say that I had one of the greatest experience there.

Back to Pasadena and my own bike - the improvement is very much felt.

Just a small story to share with you - I hesitated weather to go to the 2-day camp or not since currently I'm a bit tight with money... My fiancee urged me to go since once I'm back to israel, it will be much harder to do. So we returned two very good tickets for a U2 concert in June in order to pay the tuition. That was a very good choice :-), I'm very happy with it.

One more thing: As I said, I'm an astrophysicist and a physicist... During the camp I noticed that people had a lot of interest and questions regarding the physics of motorcycles. I'll be very happy to talk and answer question about it :-).

Nice to meet you all, and thank you for a great camp!

Ronen.

Hi Ronen,

Welcome to the forum!

Glad you enjoyed your experience AND you improved your riding. That's why we do it!

And thank you for the invitation to question your knowledge of physics. I just might take you up on it.

Best,

Hi Ronen,

Great write up! Informative and detailed, thank you for doing that. And I hope some of the members do take you up on your offer regarding the physics (I might myself).

Missing a U2 concert, that is saying something!

Best,

Cobie

Thanks!!

As for my offer - it stands open, please do. Iknow for myself that understanding the physics behind the scene, helped me change bad habbits... :-).

BTW, If you'd like to put some physics into the course itself - I'll be glad to help as well.

Best

Ronen

Hi Ronen,

Welcome! I'm also a physicist by education, although since graduation [20 years] I've worked exclusively in the financial industry.

BTW, If you'd like to put some physics into the course itself - I'll be glad to help as well.

Great idea for a chapter in the next Twist edition, or maybe as sidebars in the individual chapters. The challenge is to be as accurate and complete as possible while keeping it accessible to most readers, i.e. doesn't look like a Mathematica workbook.

Really well written description of your experience! Wish you continued riding improvement.

Regards,

Matt

Hi all,

My name is Ronen acovi, I had just attended the last Las-Vegas 2-days camp levels 1 and 2.

Currently, I live in Pasadena, near LA, finishing my post-doctoral research at NASA-JPL. Originally, I came from Israel more than 2.5 years ego and I'm going back there to marry my fiancee, Sharon.

First I would like very much to thank everyone involved with CSS and the Las-Vegas camp.

In the past I heard a lot about CSS, I read Keith's books but never even dared to imagine what could I gained from the course itself.

As a scientist (I'm a PhD. in Astrophysics... ) I see how the phrase "The science of..." has been used for so many things and fields that any connection between them, the way the are done and science - doesn't exist, even if we stretch the term "science" to it's maximum capacity...

What I saw and went through during this camp, in my personal view, is indeed "The science of riding motorcycles".

The teaching methods, the practicing, the reviews, the second, third and even more trials to improve and get better and better up to the highest level of finness - was what I was used to only during my qualification process as a scientist.

Every action had a well established reason. Any point was reviewed from several aspects and I had learned so much not only about riding - but the physiology, psychology of riding and the processes that take place in our brains while riding (or driving).

Second, the patience, the smiles. The ability of the instructors to know and to teach and to observe - both in class and on track.

In class I had Dylan, Andi and Gary as instructors. All of them were very well prepared, even to deal with unexpected questions.

On track, I had Gary as my coach... I didn't have the opportunity to ride with other instructors so I'll say a few words about Gary, assuming with an intelegent guess that all the other coaches don't fall far from it:

At first was very much afraid of riding there... I was out on the still wet track the third rider in the first morning, first session watching the first rider low-side - live, and I had never experienced a track riding before. I was slow and had a lot of mistakes. Gary picked them one after the other, observed and recognized their source and had very useful suggestions during the briefings. On track, I used to find him passing me, tapping on the tail and demonstrating the right way to do things, letting me practice it fir the rest of the session. The ability to observe the source of mistakes and the patience were amazing, and very assuring.

Needless to say that I had one of the greatest experience there.

Back to Pasadena and my own bike - the improvement is very much felt.

Just a small story to share with you - I hesitated weather to go to the 2-day camp or not since currently I'm a bit tight with money... My fiancee urged me to go since once I'm back to israel, it will be much harder to do. So we returned two very good tickets for a U2 concert in June in order to pay the tuition. That was a very good choice :-), I'm very happy with it.

One more thing: As I said, I'm an astrophysicist and a physicist... During the camp I noticed that people had a lot of interest and questions regarding the physics of motorcycles. I'll be very happy to talk and answer question about it :-).

Nice to meet you all, and thank you for a great camp!

Ronen.

Hi Ronen,

Welcome to the forum.

What a great testimony of what makes the California Superbike School the right choice.

Waiting patiently myself to attend Level 1 and 2 in April at Willow Springs, I can not only appreciate your feedback but also understand the motivation behind your decision.

As for your field of study(I'm in the field of Business) I can happily remember my Astronomy class, which was quite fascinating at the time. I recall watching a video that was going back to the big bang (sort of a time lapse). Mindboggling when you try to wrapyour mind around the vast expanse of the universe. Ahem, I digress.. rolleyes.gif

I am sure you could teach me everything about the universe from A to Z. Maybe one day, if we meet at a CSSevent.

I think it shows that no matter your background, current professional career/field, the family of Motorcycle riders is as diverse and fascinating as our galaxy. ohmy.gifsmile.gif

Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope I soon will be returning the favor.

Best of luck on the completion of your studies and I hope you and your fiance will get to see U2 in concert. (Maybe a great wedding gift suggestion) cool.gif

Ride Safe,

Klaus

• 5 weeks later...

Archived