Level 1 This Friday - 22Nd April

I'm booked in with a few other guys from Pistonheads and really looking forward to it, weather is looking like it should be good too. I mentioned to Andy via e-mail a while back that I'd like to find out what I can about becoming a coach or getting involved somehow, so I'll see if I can speak to Jet instead whilst I'm there.

I'm booked in with a few other guys from Pistonheads and really looking forward to it, weather is looking like it should be good too. I mentioned to Andy via e-mail a while back that I'd like to find out what I can about becoming a coach or getting involved somehow, so I'll see if I can speak to Jet instead whilst I'm there.

Good luck and have fun. Are you doing Streets of Willow? You mentioned Andy but I didn't see anything scheduled for Friday in Europe?

Good luck and have fun. Are you doing Streets of Willow? You mentioned Andy but I didn't see anything scheduled for Friday in Europe?

No, it's Silverstone in the UK, not sure why it's not showing up. It's the little tiny circuit in the middle of Silverstone, but has plenty of corners so that's the important thing.

See you there steve. I'd definitely suggest you give Jet a heads up "before" you go, as he'll be busy on the day, and if it's not on his radar, it might get passed by.

Bullet

No, it's Silverstone in the UK, not sure why it's not showing up. It's the little tiny circuit in the middle of Silverstone, but has plenty of corners so that's the important thing.

I'm with you on the "lots of corners"! Have fun and post up some pix afterward.

Going to be like a kid waiting for Christmas tonight. I have turned the house upside down but can't find the form Lynne sent through, hopefully I can fill in another tomorrow morning. Other than my driving license, kit and bike, do I need to bring anything else?

Had a brilliant day on Friday and came away filled with confidence and lots of new things to practice, major improvement for me was nailing the quick-turn, I wasn't getting it quite right everywhere, but for the tight hairpin it was dropping down instantly to my knee and it felt incredible. Even better was the fact that Keith was there and took us for a few of the classroom sessions, his enthusiasm really is infectious and I was really pleased to see how much he enjoys himself even 30 years after starting the school, even though he must be able to do those classroom sessions in his sleep. Big thanks to Killswitch for the invaluable coaching throughout the day, and I've let Jet know that I'd love to become a coach at some stage in the future. He's suggested that I let him know when I do level 2 and he'll come out with me to assess my riding himself.

Fave pic from the day has to be this one (few more in the pics of ourselves thread):

5648815291_b0aafe318a_z.jpg

Great pic Steve! And I have to agree with you about Keith's infectious attitude. It really makes working with him and the crew a lot of fun. I wish I had that much fun at work.

Good luck at level 2 and let us know if you end up heading on to be a coach.

Archived