Silverstone Stowe

Hi All

I'm thinking about doing level 3 at Stowe. Was just after peoples opinion of the circuit. As far as I know the groups are smaller to accommodate the track size and it is run anti clockwise (majority left handers) which is what attracts me to the idea. I've done both levels 1 & 2 at the southern circuit which although is an awesome track I'd like to work on left handers and being on a 600 spend a bit too long on the straights!

All the best

Ollie

I think it's alright, it's a bit flat and featureless, but a perfect environment for the school, as said plenty of lefts, with one real right and a couple of chicanes. Being so short you'll have plenty of laps in a session to both identify and correct any issues with your riding.

The straights are just about long enough to get past the straight-line heroes too.

Cheers for the post Steve.

Definitely doing level 3 there, with hindsight I probably should have done the previous levels there. The less straights the better as far as I'm concerned.

Take it easy

Ollie

• 3 weeks later...

As Steve says it's a very simple track. It's good in that you get plenty of laps because it's short, so if you want to practice something to death, it's the place. It's bad for that as well as you don't have much variation, so you can't try out your techniques on too many different corners. Depends which works for you.

Unfortunately level three is going to have to wait. Mostly due to work and partly due to the fact my bike is less than complete thanks to my second highside on new tyres. I wish you could buy them pre scrubbed!

Take it easy

Ollie

Archived