It had been a while since I'd been to Miller. Last few years I had to stay in the office for some work and other projects in the middle of the summer and missed the days there. I love the mountains anyway, but always thought the the 600's were a little wheezy at that altitude. So, along comes the 1000's. Nice.

But then I got there, did a day or 2 off track and just started looking over the map, remembering the turns, and reminded myself of how much fun they were. The track really has a nice variety: double apex, off camber, banked, series of turns, esses, nice straights...really a nice selection.

On top of that, there is tons of run off room everywhere, with nice run off material: asphalt in some places, this other nice grippy material in others. So, we did 3 days in a row, not incidents, zip. One fairly minor incident on the last day, a guy chasing his pal...go figure.

So, if you get a chance to ride Miller, highly recommended.

And the scenery aint bad either, but I'm partial, being a Rocky Mountain boy at heart.

Best,

Cobie

Watching the AMA and WSBK races there this year made me really want to ride that track, it looked like it would be a blast. And the scenery was pretty impressive, especially for an old Florida boy like me. Of course there are a few beaches where I come from that have some nice curves and impressive scenery as well. But that's a different kind of activity and there never is enough run off if you make a mistake...

Watching the AMA and WSBK races there this year made me really want to ride that track, it looked like it would be a blast. And the scenery was pretty impressive, especially for an old Florida boy like me. Of course there are a few beaches where I come from that have some nice curves and impressive scenery as well. But that's a different kind of activity and there never is enough run off if you make a mistake...

Just looked your interests over more fully..."competitive dating." That sounds like the scariest thing I could imagine. My wife sent me a link to an article recently: "girlfriend tortures boyfriend for cheating".

I'll stick with a 190 hp motorcycle, way safer!

CF

Archived