Another Fng...

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a quick hello to the group. I've been a lurker for awhile and figured it was time to join properly.

I've been riding, on and off, since 1986. I currently own a new (2011) Triumph Bonneville SE and an old (1969) Triumph Bonneville T120R (concours restoration almost finished). I've been aware of CSS and Keith for decades (yikes!!) and reread TOTW (I & II) regularly. My track time, thus far, has all been in formula cars (I drive with Skip Barber) and I'm looking forward to signing up for a 2-day camp in 2012 (maybe Barber in June). I'm sure that many of the principles will translate well between track driving & riding. Can't wait to find out!

Anyway, enough about me! :-)

I'll continue reading the forum with interest and will look forward to taking my riding to the next level(s) this year.

Regards,

Ken

Hi Ken!

Welcome, and glad you are out of the closet!

Barber...don't wait late to sign up on that 2-day camp, its one of the more popular. I just checked the board, it's already 2/3's full.

Please come and say hello when you come, nice to meet the forum members at the school!

Best,

Cobie

Hi Cobie,

Thanks for the welcome; glad to be here. smile.gif

I'll try to get a deposit down on Barber within the next week or so. Hopefully, there'll still be a spot available.

I'll definitely say hello when I make it to the school.

Regards,

Ken

Welcome. Too bad for you that Skip Barber stopped doing the schools last year, huh? You could have been in your comfort zone with familiar people in a familiar system. My brother restores old bikes, and is working on some 350 Honda right now.

Hi,

Yeah, Skippy got in and out of the rider training business pretty quickly. While the familiar system would have been good, the driving and riding sides of things were fairly segregated and distinct. I think that they just decided to concentrate on their core business. I'm fine with meeting a whole new group of people and, besides, I'd rather ride the BMW than the KTM they were running... :-)

Ken

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a quick hello to the group. I've been a lurker for awhile and figured it was time to join properly.

I've been riding, on and off, since 1986. I currently own a new (2011) Triumph Bonneville SE and an old (1969) Triumph Bonneville T120R (concours restoration almost finished). I've been aware of CSS and Keith for decades (yikes!!) and reread TOTW (I & II) regularly. My track time, thus far, has all been in formula cars (I drive with Skip Barber) and I'm looking forward to signing up for a 2-day camp in 2012 (maybe Barber in June). I'm sure that many of the principles will translate well between track driving & riding. Can't wait to find out!

Anyway, enough about me! :-)

I'll continue reading the forum with interest and will look forward to taking my riding to the next level(s) this year.

Regards,

Ken

Welcome and thanks for posting! I sure hope to see you at Barber, that's a wonderful track and a beautiful place.

The Skip Barber school is on my list of things I want to go do, it looks like a blast. I've done a bit of go-karting (in good fast shifter karts), enjoyed the heck out of it, I think I'd have a great time in the open wheel Skip Barber cars, can hardly wait to try it.

It will be very interesting to hear your perspective on the strategic differences in riding a bike vs driving a car, on the track, since it sounds like you've got experience in both areas.

Welcome and thanks for posting! I sure hope to see you at Barber, that's a wonderful track and a beautiful place.

The Skip Barber school is on my list of things I want to go do, it looks like a blast. I've done a bit of go-karting (in good fast shifter karts), enjoyed the heck out of it, I think I'd have a great time in the open wheel Skip Barber cars, can hardly wait to try it.

It will be very interesting to hear your perspective on the strategic differences in riding a bike vs driving a car, on the track, since it sounds like you've got experience in both areas.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! I'm keeping an eye on the finances at the moment, as my '69 Bonneville project heads into the home stretch (I hope to have it on the road by the end of next month), but I'm definitely hoping to be at Barber in June. I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed that there's a spot left when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Definitely give the formula cars a try; you'll love 'em!! Skippy's 3-day school is the place to start with a thorough introduction to open wheel racing.

I was involved for many years in sport aviation (homebuilts, warbirds, aerobatics, formation, etc.), both as a pilot and flight instructor, and I've always believed that my experience in that area helped with the race cars. I'm not an expert by any means, but I definitely love those cars and, having learned how to apply racing theory to the actual manipulation of the machine around a track, continue to work on personal improvement every time out. I'm hoping that a lot of the same principles will apply to motorcycles.

Anyway, I'll look forward to meeting you later in the year.

Ken

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! I'm keeping an eye on the finances at the moment, as my '69 Bonneville project heads into the home stretch (I hope to have it on the road by the end of next month), but I'm definitely hoping to be at Barber in June. I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed that there's a spot left when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Definitely give the formula cars a try; you'll love 'em!! Skippy's 3-day school is the place to start with a thorough introduction to open wheel racing.

I was involved for many years in sport aviation (homebuilts, warbirds, aerobatics, formation, etc.), both as a pilot and flight instructor, and I've always believed that my experience in that area helped with the race cars. I'm not an expert by any means, but I definitely love those cars and, having learned how to apply racing theory to the actual manipulation of the machine around a track, continue to work on personal improvement every time out. I'm hoping that a lot of the same principles will apply to motorcycles.

Anyway, I'll look forward to meeting you later in the year.

Ken

Hottie has been in a car or 2 before, maybe one of these days we'll get the story on how the name "Hotfoot" came aobut...

Archived