Superbike School In India 2012

Coaches from the different branches of CSS will converge in Chennai India on the 13th of Jan for six days of schools over two weekends.

Attending from the USA branch: Cobie Fair, Pete Castanik, and me--Dylan.

The UK branch: Glenn Rothwell, Jet, Spidey, and Gary

The Oz branch: Adam Raffe and Lou Fillis.

Also attending: US AMA racer Austin Dehaven and World Superbike racer Leon Camier (2nd weekend only).

While there we will be updating the CSS twitter feed, including photos. When we return I'll post a bunch of photos on the forum as well.

Update: We are back. Here is footage of Austin Dehaven riding the track:

http://vimeo.com/35733849

Are we sure Pete can be counted on to behave in India? :P I suppose Cobie will be in charge of keeping him out of trouble.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos and hearing the stories.

Travel safe,

Carey

Are we sure Pete can be counted on to behave in India? :P I suppose Cobie will be in charge of keeping him out of trouble.

Travel safe,

Carey

That would be, "Hell no!" I'm just one click off the politically incorrect border most of the time, I'll just be egging Pete on! :D

CF

Wow - I bet the locals will be stoked!

Now the important questions - do you all like curry? And are you sure you can handle the latest Royal Enfield's? One bike in production for eight decades - that ought to be enough to get the very best performance out of it! tongue.giflaugh.gif

Hahaha are you messing with me? I was only joking when I mentioned Enfield! laugh.gif

I don't know much about the state of motorcycling in India, only what I see on the internet. But that may not be too far off the mark.

We've actually got a selection of Japanese 600s :-)

Students bikes vary from Indian-made 125s to R1s, 'Blades and S1000s. India is a fast developing country. The Mahindra 125 GP bike made people realise that they are going to be a force to be reckoned with at the end of last year and I'm sure the team would love their own rider on it at the front too.

I went to the India School this past weekend.

Great Experience, awesome !!

Cannot believe the improvement I made over the weekend - in confidence, technique and speed.

I was riding a Ninja 250 (I was the one with the Jorge Lorenzo Moon Man Helmet)

Cobie, Lou and Dylan were my coaches for Levels I, II and III.

Thanks a lot guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot believe the improvement I made over the weekend - in confidence, technique and speed.

Thanks a lot guys.

Of course I remember you--one of my students! You really rode well, it was a pleasure to work with you.

Dylan

Thks a lot ! I had truck loads of fun.

Thanks a lot guys.

Of course I remember you--one of my students! You really rode well, it was a pleasure to work with you.

Dylan

Here's a video montage of photos taken from my iphone and edited together with music.

http://vimeo.com/35593939

Cool video Dylan. It looks like you had a great trip.

I was especially interested in the last scene...recruiting pit girls or was someone pretending to be Ben Spies' older brother again? :P

It was an amazing trip! The riders were very interested and a pleasure to work with. At the end of each of the 3 day schools, there was a few laps by the coaches, on the rental bikes (little 180's). VERY entertaining for the students that watched, and a few interesting moments. Could have ended...poorly, but didn't and was a hoot!

CF

In the last coach "race" if you are at a school, ask Dylan who he was banging handlebars with?

Or ask Pete, what was he doing to make sure I stayed behind him down the long back straight?

Hooliganism alive and well.

CF

...Hooliganism alive and well.

Surely you wouldn't be implying misconduct on the part of Mr. Castanik? I'm shocked, shocked I say.

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived