The Guru In Rrw

I know Mr Code has been published in or written about many, many places. But I was totally thrilled to have the chance to read just a little more about him in this months RRW.

Two important things I got from the read :

1. Passion and Perseverance trumps just about anything in life. Combined with Motivation, there isn’t much a person can’t do.

2. Gave me that much more support in doing 'this stuff' and other things being in my mid 40's. Some days I think I feel old and people like Keith remind me I'm not!

I'm pretty sure Keith and JU have a VERY old relationship, but again was still really nice to see him featured. B)

I know Mr Code has been published in or written about many, many places. But I was totally thrilled to have the chance to read just a little more about him in this months RRW.

1. Passion and Perseverance trumps just about anything in life. Combined with Motivation, there isn't much a person can't do.

This ranks up there with the "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish" quote from cover of the final version of the Whole Earth Catalogue (made famous by Steve Jobs' Stanford Commencement Speech in 2005).

Kai

1. Passion and Perseverance trumps just about anything in life. Combined with Motivation, there isn't much a person can't do.

This ranks up there with the "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish" quote from cover of the final version of the Whole Earth Catalogue (made famous by Steve Jobs' Stanford Commencement Speech in 2005).

Kai

Hey Gorecki, nice take on the RRW article; I thought it was a nice history of Keith's career and the school, but your perspective on it made me see it in a different light, thank you. :)

Since we're talking about quotes, here's one from one of Keith's articles, that I really liked - it struck me as insightful and ABSOLUTELY TRUE:

"Ignoring risk is a by-product of passion."

It's handy when you have to defend your reasons for doing what you love to do.

Kai

Hey Gorecki, nice take on the RRW article; I thought it was a nice history of Keith's career and the school, but your perspective on it made me see it in a different light, thank you. :)

Since we're talking about quotes, here's one from one of Keith's articles, that I really liked - it struck me as insightful and ABSOLUTELY TRUE:

"Ignoring risk is a by-product of passion."

It's handy when you have to defend your reasons for doing what you love to do.

khp - Wow, associating what I said with yet another person I have much respect for will certainly be taken as a compliment.

hotfoot - I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mr Code in the flesh (hopefully I will) but I just *get* he's a pretty cool dude and has earned it. One of these days I'll eventually get there. ;)