Hi Guys. New Member Ian From Sydney Australia

Hi All,

Ian is my name from Sydney Australia.

I've been wanting to do CSS for quite some time and thought I would join the forum to learn as much as I could before doing the first course.

I've only been riding for 2 years but am completely addicted. I also love working on bikes and have just finished rebuilding an 08 CBR1000RR from the ground up. Have done all the painting, carbon and other work myself though I left the suspension rebuild to the pro's. This is the bike I've been building although realistically I think I would have been better off with a 600 or smaller.

My link

Im really keen to improve my riding as much as possible. I've learnt a great deal already from reading this forum and already find myself wanting to say thank you to its members.

Cheers,

IAN

Welcome to the forum! That is quite a build thread. I wasn't able to see the pix w/o registering but it looks like you have a serious project going. Keep us posted on how it goes.

1345062708[/url]' post='28958']

Welcome! Remember that whatever I write, listen to Hotfoot ;)

And this goes double for me. tongue.gif All kidding aside, many forums have people that will give you advice but getting insight from a CSS coach is another thing entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ian,

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've built yourself quite a nice bike! I've gotta ask... what did you do for the frame and swingarm? I saw a mention that it was painted? Looks fantastic! biggrin.gif

There's definitely upsides to starting on a 600 (or even smaller), but just remember that the bike only goes as fast as you twist the throttle... wink.gif

And once you have a bit of time riding the 1000, I don't think you'll be regretting it!

But I think that getting in for some training ASAP will also go a long way to stopping bad habits from taking hold and setting your on the right course! Hope to see you around the forum!

Cheers,

Conrad

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys... appologies for my dissapearance... Have been pretty ill for the last few months and now on the mend.

Am just in the process of booking Level's 1 and 2 at Eastern Creek in Sydney. Really looking forward to it. Also, I've picked up an 06 Daytona 675 which I'm really looking forward to doing my track time on.

Does anyone think it would be unwise to do Level1 and next day Level2 ? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Guys... appologies for my dissapearance... Have been pretty ill for the last few months and now on the mend.

Am just in the process of booking Level's 1 and 2 at Eastern Creek in Sydney. Really looking forward to it. Also, I've picked up an 06 Daytona 675 which I'm really looking forward to doing my track time on.

Does anyone think it would be unwise to do Level1 and next day Level2 ? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian,

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well but glad you you are getting back to riding!

As to your question, I don't see any reason not to do Levels 1 and 2 in back to back days. In fact, I remember when I took my Level 1 I was extreemly disappointed that I had not scheduled Level 2 for the next day. In subsequent seasons I have scheduled more back to back CSS days (and even a 2 day camp) than singles and personally I feel that doing 2 days is better as the second day really allows the training to "sink in".

But it is a lot of ridng so show up well rested and hydrated.

Best,

Carey

Here is a biased opinion :)

The advantage of doing the first schools back to back are a few:

1. Most first timers at the school take a little getting used to the whole process. Usually about the 3 ride things start to gel ver well.

2. 2nd day, you will go over the Lean Bike material.

3. I think that guys knowing they will be there 2 days, tend to not push themsevles too much (a wise idea).

4. In 2 days we can get a really good look at you, and really cement your gains.

The one down side (easily handled) is trying to do too much. Stay in touch with your coach, if you feel a bit ovewhelmed with info, talk it over and decide what the priority is.

If you stay well hydrated and fed, not too much beer, should be good!

Best,

Cobie

• 2 weeks later...