Which Bike Should I Bring?

I think its too much fun going to the track using a race bike. Because there its the race bike "nature habitat".

But, you need to see if it should be comfortable for you or not.

If possible, I can say you rent a school bike but still taking your own with you. If you dont like the school bike you can use yours.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently bought a BMW K1300s. I've got just about 500 miles on it, Meztler rubber as well.I've just gotten the chicken strips off. Had been riding a Honda Fury (factory chopper) for 4 yrs. would I be better off using my own bike, or using a school bike? I'm a bit concerned about the size/weight of the S1000r as I'm 6'4" and around 290. From sitting on the bike at the dealer, it seems a bit small to me. Also the reason I don't ride my son's FZ6R, it just feels too small.

The K is aroundt twice my weight and flicks very easy for me. I'm getting very comfortable riding it. But I am worried about dumping it as I've never been on a track before. I really do like the feel of a sportier bike, and I'm beginning to really 'get' it. Reminds me of my childhood racing 10 speeds downhill.

So, what you you guys recommend? School bike?

Eric,

Apologies as I missed this when you first posted it. I used to ride a K1200R (naked version of the S) and while sporty it was not a track bike so I used the school bikes and really loved them. As said, the track is the natural habitat of the S1000RR. But they are smaller than the K bikes. If you are worried about the riding position then your KS will be fine (its very capable in a track environment) but if you are worried about damage then maybe one of the school's bike is better (you have a fixed limit to your liability).

One potential drawback to riding the school's bike is you may fall in love with the S1000RR and want one for the stable. I know I did.

Best,

Carey