Video From India

Great video Dylan. It seems like the school is really doing well in India. Hopefully they are able to stretch out the schedule and begin doing full seasons of classes.

You all have to be proud of the work you are doing developing the sport around the world. Well done sir!

Best,

Carey

In this video, it is mentioned that they want to have more Indian racers in worldwide racing events. Dylan says that it's a needle in a haystack type thing, that they need to see tons of riders to find the ones that the potential to succed in racing.

So my question is: How do you know? In looking at the thousands of riders that come through the schools, how do you identify the ones with that potential? What do you look for - someone that shows up already fast? Someone who makes tons of improvement in one day? Jaw grinding determination? Unlimited budget and plenty of free time?

If you do find someone that seems to have something special, do you do anything about that, or just wait to see if they chase it and succeed?

I think it is how well they respond to instruction.By the time most guys can afford racing they are middle aged, unless their parents are loaded.You take ten guys, tell them the same thing and send them out.The guy who did it closest to your instruction, consistently, is your guy.

That's great Mr Code!! I do hope it becomes more affordable though.What do you think the skill levels there are compared to the rest of the world?

The skill levels around the world from country to country are very similar amongst riders. If I had to split hairs, I would say the Indians were better than the average, and very good students.

In this video, it is mentioned that they want to have more Indian racers in worldwide racing events. Dylan says that it's a needle in a haystack type thing, that they need to see tons of riders to find the ones that the potential to succed in racing.

So my question is: How do you know? In looking at the thousands of riders that come through the schools, how do you identify the ones with that potential? What do you look for - someone that shows up already fast? Someone who makes tons of improvement in one day? Jaw grinding determination? Unlimited budget and plenty of free time?

If you do find someone that seems to have something special, do you do anything about that, or just wait to see if they chase it and succeed?

I was often asked what the chances were to have an Indian world champion eventually and obviously there is only one per class per year. Each world champion in the last few decades, with just a very few exceptions, started riding at a very young age and had 100% dedication in both money and time from the family as well as racing very frequently the whole way up, in competitive envornments. That's why Spain breeds so many good riders--it's part of the culture, many places to race for all ages, plus fierce competition driving each rider to be better and an ever ascending bar. It's not unlike the dedication and sacrifices made by families of Olympic athletes.

• 5 months later...

I was happy to get Dylan as coach for Level 3 (Jan 2013). Glen was awesome too for L1&2. Waiting for another year for CSS L4...

The support infrastructure for this sport in India is not mature enough yet.

Also to be at the highest level, training needs to start at a very early age and parents need to be rich too...

Hopefully it would change with the next generation! :)

There are popular guys who have won championship outside of India as well... but encouragement for the sport is low...

Rajini has been hard working for what he has achieved... I'm sure Dylan remembers him - https://www.facebook...ajiniKrishnan67

It was freaky to watch Rajini and Joe Roberts on the track during lunch time :)

• 1 year later...

Motorsports in India is emerging but still need more support. People from average family has to spend lot of money even though they are talented to race. Lack of sponsors, support etc are one of the few reasons. There are lot of Indian who aspire to become a racer, CSS has made an impact on us. Few years back motorsports seemed to be a dead end