Greetings From Juneau, Alaska!

Hello, Riding Buddies!

I am new to the CSS forum, but wanted to jump in and say hi to everyone!

I started biking on a Honda Shadow a few years ago. In 2011, I tried a Kawasaki Ninja 250r and was HOOKED. I just bought a Kawi Ninja 650r and I am ready to knock out the miles as soon as the snow melts. Spring cannot happen soon enough for me.

I am registered for The Ridge in July 16-18. I want to take these classes to get better, safer, and faster on my bike. Maybe I will even see some of you there!

Thanks!

:-) Kawigirl

Welcome to the forum Kawigirl. Have you done any track riding or will CSS be you first time? Are there any areas of your riding that you know you want to work on specifically?

Regardless, you will find CSS to be a fantastic program. Whether or not you are a commuter, tourer, trackday junkie, or full on racer the coaches will make you a better rider!

Jump in and start posting, there are a lot of sharp riders on this forum (just not me :P ) and they can provide a ton of insight.

Best,

Carey

Thanks, guys.

Carey, I ride commuter, pleasure and have done some touring. I enjoy riding fast so I thought with my new, bigger sportbike, it would be a good idea to amp up my cornering skills. I have never been on a race track so I am a bit nervous, yet super excited for this training. I think it will make me better rider, all around.

Cobie, I'll see you there!

The best,

Kawigirl

I can honestly say that CSS is a fantastic introduction to the track environment. The focus is education so everyone is very understaning of the different skill levels that riders will have, and Trevor and the Course Control team maintain an iron fist when it comes to behavior on-track. If you have any specific questions or worries just ask.

The one concern you should have is liking it too much. :D

Best,

Carey

Carey, thanks for the info. Lol about enjoying track riding too much! Can that REALLY happen?

I ordered a couple of Keith's videos. I want to start to understand some of the info before I arrive.

:ph34r: Juanita

Lol about enjoying track riding too much! Can that REALLY happen?

Welcome to the forums KawaiGirl, and yes you can enjoy it too much, especially when your bank account can no longer afford to support it :D

The Ridge looks like a fantastic track from the video's and pictures I've seen of it, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time there.

Tyler

Welcome Kawigirl!,

As the other say, there's plenty to be learned on this site alone. I am what Cobie calls a "lurker" so I don't post often, but I do visit the site regularly and have leaned a lot from the people on here.

I too plan on doing the 2 day camp at The Ridge this year. I was a corner worker last year for CSS and the track is awesome! You'll really enjoy it!

Hope to see you then!

Ozzy

Thanks, Tyler!

Ozzy--I am sure to see you at The Ridge! I am hoping for dry weather but rain or shine, this will be a great learning experience!

:-) Juanita