Another Newbie From Va

Hi Everyone,

My name is Yousif, 27 from Reston VA, Baghdad, Iraq originally. I attended the 2 day camp at the VIR a couple of days ago. I don't or rather didn't have much experience prior to attending the school. I had just started riding with less than a month worth of experience. I was a little nervious about what I was getting myself into, riding a liter bike and whatnot, but at the same time, I didn't want to pick up or learn bad habits by going to an unknown school or try to learn stuff as I go from friends and other people. I wanted to have a solid foundation, a deep understanding of all the basics. The 2 day camp was everything I hoped it would be, and some more. Everyone at CSS was extremely professional and knowledgable. And despite crashing 3 times on the track, they were willing to work with me to fix all the errors I made. They even gave me a 1:1 session to improve my steering, throttle control, and posture. The 2 day camp was an awesome experience for me. I learned a ton, and will defiantly be going back to master Level 1 & 2 before moving to the next ones.

Yousif

Welcome to the forum Yousif. Glad to hear you head a great experience with the school, the entire team is really dedicated to their students. We also have a few coaches who are regulars on the forum so if you have questions or need advice post up. This is usually a very supportive crowd.

Hey Yousef - glad you had a good time. I think I was in the group opposite yours, but I knew who was your counterpart who had your bike (ended in a "4", right ?). . . I would definitely say - get comfortable on the bike, put some miles on, and go back and do 1&2 again. You'll learn so much. That way you won't have as many incidences or have things that are moving too fast going over your head. .. Just have the bike be second nature to you - and then take the class again and it'll be another big step improvement.

Hey Yousif,

Welcome to the forums, glad to hear you had a good experience out at VIR, bummer that you got to make friends with the tarmac tho. I would echo Anthem's advice, take what you have learn'd and put some seat time in, there's really no substitute for actual riding time.

Tyler

Hey Yousef - glad you had a good time. I think I was in the group opposite yours, but I knew who was your counterpart who had your bike (ended in a "4", right ?). . . I would definitely say - get comfortable on the bike, put some miles on, and go back and do 1&2 again. You'll learn so much. That way you won't have as many incidences or have things that are moving too fast going over your head. .. Just have the bike be second nature to you - and then take the class again and it'll be another big step improvement.

Hey Anthem, yeah my bike ended in a "4". That's pretty much what my plan is. I've been practicing on daily basis since the camp. Primarily on steering and throttle control in an empty parking lot. I gotta say, making those chicken strips disappear is pretty damn satisfying.

Welcome to the forum Yousif. Glad to hear you head a great experience with the school, the entire team is really dedicated to their students. We also have a few coaches who are regulars on the forum so if you have questions or need advice post up. This is usually a very supportive crowd.

Thank you. I intend to use it and abuse it.

Hey Yousif,

Welcome to the forums, glad to hear you had a good experience out at VIR, bummer that you got to make friends with the tarmac tho. I would echo Anthem's advice, take what you have learn'd and put some seat time in, there's really no substitute for actual riding time.

Tyler

Thanks Tyler. Hopefully between now and August, I'll be able to improve my riding skills to the point where I don't take any more tarmac dives or slides as the case may be.