Tire Help For Racing.

I'm going to race for the first time in September and have never ridden race tires. I'm looking at the Michelin Power Ones because it's the only non-Pirelli 180's I can find. I'm staying with them because besides having my brakes, suspension, gearing and tire choice changed, I want SOMETHING to stay consistent. Are there any other options? I'm a HUGE fan of Dunlop, but they don't have any 180's I can find and as much as I love my Q2's, am not racing on them.

Well, you said you want a 180 but the 190 GPA Dunlop is a fantastic tire - and obviously the AMA Sportbike/Supersport class tire. I've used Q2's and really like them - track and street. I'm currently using the 190/60 GPA on my ZX-6R (track only) and, again, it's fantastic. Not trying to sabotage your search but I think the Dunlop is worth a try.

Jason, You need to not get wrapped up in the sizing issue. Dunlop calls thier race tire a 190. simple as that. Becasue other companies make a 180 does not make them right or wrong, its just the size they wanted to call it.

Honestly you need to call me so I can help your out.

Everyone in the AMA and all club racers across the USA using Dunlop use the 190 with no issues. Track records and championships speak for themself.