Can Someone Explain The Difference?

All levels = you can choose between level 1,2, 3 or 4 depending on what levels you have done in the past. You need to do level 1 before you can do level 2 and so on.

2 day camp = you will do two consecutive days. My understanding is you do one level per day, so you can do level 1 first day and level 2 second day, or the same level both days if you like to repeat a level or are at level 4. I also think if they have any of the "special" bikes like the lean bike, camera bike, no bs bike etc you are more likely to get to try them on a 2 day camp.

Code Race = you will actually practice racing including starting, real races within your group.

CodeRACE is this = http://www.coderace.com/

It doesn't follow the 'normal' Level 1-4 cycle, but you have 2 students per 1 coach and go through a number of 'open practices' where you work with you coach on particular elements of the track, and there's a couple of special drills (downshifting, start practice, passing, ...)

Kai (CodeRACE participant last October)

So it's like level 4 with more track time?

Not really, the CodeRACE format is a lot different. It is focused on racing and learning proper race techniques; there is much more focus on going fast, close passing is allowed, and there are drills not normally used in a regular school day - like practice race starts, for example! There is a qualifying session, and a race at the end of each day. The whole format and feel is significantly different than a regular level 4 school day. It's a good intro to racing.

Some extra measuring tools are used, like an instant feedback radar gun that displays your exit speed from a corner, and can measure and provide feedback on your braking and downshifting technique.

Race starts are pretty much a drag race with a lot of people in your lane is it not? One more thing.Is the material in the twist books and those of levels 1-3 the same? Or is the stuff taught in levels 1-3 uniquely different from the twist books?

Race starts are pretty much a drag race with a lot of people in your lane is it not? One more thing.Is the material in the twist books and those of levels 1-3 the same? Or is the stuff taught in levels 1-3 uniquely different from the twist books?

Qualifying is used to establish grid positions, so the start is a grid. Race starts are very challenging, and LOTS of riders mess up their first start - and most don't know how to do it properly at all. It is easy to wheelie, or drop the clutch, or bog the engine, or just plain be slow off the line, and most riders don't know how to maximize horsepower and traction at the launch. Additionally there is a specific sequence of actions by the starter that racers need to know. Personally I found the practice race starts and education about how to do it invaluable and it made a huge difference when I did my first club races.

Obviously if you are not planning to race, practice starts might not be especially useful. :)

Another big difference between a race start and a drag race is that there is a TURN coming up very quickly and you need to figure out where you're going to be in that turn - because everyone in the race is aiming for roughly the same 2-3 feet of track, all at once.

Much of what is covered in levels 1-3 is in the Twist books. However the books were written some time ago and Keith's research never stops. So the classroom material is continuously updated. It's hard to describe how much more you can get from hearing the classroom material presented by Keith or Dylan personally, but I think anyone here that has come to school can attest to the value of the classroom. Plus, of course, actually going out and DOING the drills immediately after the class sessions, with a coach demonstrating and observing you personally and working with you, makes a tremendous difference compared to reading the book on your own.

Certainly there is nothing in the books that can approximate the off-track tools available at the school - the lean bike, the brake bike, no BS bike, etc. (however, I'm not sure which of these are available in India). Also a lot of level 3 actually involves having you physically sit on a bike and work on body position and how to move around on the bike, lock in properly, etc.