Setting Up At The Track

The setup at Streets is pretty minimal, there is the classroom, which has AC !!!! , and the canopy on the side of the Student Services Trailer. as a student you're going to be pretty busy all day between classroom and track sessions. and you will be parking your bike in a designated area based on your group color. there is definitely lots of room in the parking lot to set up a canopy next to your trailer, but make sure you have the means to strap it down SECURELY as it can get very windy out there in the afternoon. Long story short if you want to bring a canopy and set up your own "pit area" theres lots of room, if you don't you're not going to be stuck roasting in the sun all day.

Tyler

Thanks Tyler. I will definitely be buying a canopy tomorrow.

I agree with Tyler - you won't spend much time in your pit area, probably - mostly on track and in the classroom. Also, seriously, if you use a canopy make sure to tie it down good, there's almost always some wind in the afternoon and it eats canopies.

Bring a folding chair - you can set it up in the shade of the building or trailer, near the classroom, and save yourself from walking back and forth to your pit area all the time.

Regarding your worries about the heat... it's rarely as bad as it sounds, it is a dry heat and there is often a breeze. Drinking tons of water and taking the salt/potassium REALLY REALLY helps. Also I like those cool-soak bandanna things - they have a gel in them, you soak them in cold water then tie around your neck and they help keep you cool while you ride.

One last comment: the time after the riding is when your coach wants to see you, right away. He has very little time and you will be going back into your next classroom. Having a set up that is a ways away, and having to walk there and back, this will kill your personal coaching time. We leave an area just for students to park their bikes, right next to the classroom, ideally you'll park there!

Best,

Cobie

One last comment: the time after the riding is when your coach wants to see you, right away. He has very little time and you will be going back into your next classroom. Having a set up that is a ways away, and having to walk there and back, this will kill your personal coaching time. We leave an area just for students to park their bikes, right next to the classroom, ideally you'll park there!

Best,

Cobie

Thanks for answering my questions guys. One last question. I will have my friend with me who will be helping me with loading and Unloading the bike, hence why I wanted to set up a pit area. Will he be allowed to hang around while I'm in class and on the track? This is the main reason for the pit area. I didn't think he would be allowed around me once the training starts. If I could avoid setting up canopies and all that stuff, then that would be great. It looks as if you guys will have plenty of shady areas for us to hang under.

Your friend can come and hang out, no problem. When you are in the class he won't be able to sit in on that, but anywhere a spectator can go, he can go.

Best,

Cobie