Hello! I Am New :-)

Hi from the Seattle area. I am new to the forum and relatively new to riding. Hoping to go to school spring 2014....but the change in Seattle weather has slowed my progress toward 2,000 miles....may ship my bike south for the winter so I can try to get some riding in. Nice to meet all of you!

Kayce

Welcome! I am very happy to see another female rider joining us on the board. :)

I am a rider (horses), too - rode jumpers for years but now with a young son at home I can't seem to find time to show; now it's mostly trail riding for me.

I saw your other post about the Ninja 250 - I had one, I'm short too and found it to be a terrific bike, forgiving but still really fun to ride.

I know what you mean about time! I don't have kids, but work a full time job...plus teach lessons to kids on the weekends. Every now and then I get to pop on a pony at the barn, or go trail riding with friends...but I do miss showing/jumping regularly. This has kind of become where I am putting a lot of that energy!

Welcome! I can relate to the whole change in weather. Wish the summers were longer up here. -_- Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum. I've picked up quite of bit on here. I'm sure you will too.

Ozzy

Welcome to the forum Kayce. I am very familiar with the Seattle weather, I prefer the weather at home more :).

If you have not picked up a copy of Twist of The Wrist 2, book and DVD too ( you may actually see some of the CSS staff working on a career for after the time they have been "put out to pasture" from CSS :P ) I would recommend doing that. It will give you good advise and help prepare you for school next year and very possible eliminate bad habits before they become bad habits.