Cornering - You Know You're Doing It Right When...

mugget

I guess this raises the bar for all those people who like to show off by dragging a hand along the ground through a corner. :P

cache_2424646386.jpg?t=1347273978

But how did he get into the corner without using his hands? Must have been that "body steering" I keep hearing about... :rolleyes:

(I kid, I kid.)

Ah yes, Ghilli Man! Honestly I would never have believed it was possible if not for that vid...

Makes me wonder though - how many times has he crashed (is he the type of person who just keeps pushing and pushing and crashes alot) or is he the type who thinks things through a lot more and manages to stay mostly upright?

Maybe he wasn't the first though:

Motorcycle+Cornering+in+Curves+2.jpg

Personally I look at it and just think that his vision is compromised. :P

Removing hands from the 'bars is a time honoured tradition.

Motorcycle%2BCornering%2Bin%2BCurves.jpg

There is also a picture out there of a pillion trying to get her head down... can't find it though!

• 1 month later...

Exactly! Even stunt masters like Christian Pfeiffer prove the super-natural stability of motorcycles when rider input is decisive and precise!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/Chris_Pfeiffer_stunt_BMW_F800R.jpg

• 1 month later...

Haha - I probably shouldn't laugh though, poor #77 just had an expensive moment. :o But it does look funny and is it just me or does he seem not the slightest bit surprised about his current situation? :P

ktk_ace, even throttle depends on the desired outcome... for example I often ride certain types of corners with no handlebar input, no throttle input either. ;) (Remember this is about the actual cornering part, not the corner exit.)

Haha - I probably shouldn't laugh though, poor #77 just had an expensive moment. :o But it does look funny and is it just me or does he seem not the slightest bit surprised about his current situation? :P

Considering the fact that #77 is Michael Schumacher he is probably thinking to himself, I should have stuck to Formula 1! :)

Oh poor Michael. I am very upset about his current predicament. It is a funny picture though, and his racing experience explains the "ho-hum" expression on his face. Panic management...

Current predicament? I haven't watched a race for sometime now... Last I knew he retired, then heard a rumor he was coming back, so whats happened since?

I thought it might have been Schumi after I posted that reply. Don't worry Darth Peachy, his coma-related accident wasn't motorsport related. I keep forgetting about it until someone reminds me, you always expect a motorsport star like him to be hurt on the track if anywhere!