Newb From Ca

Hi, just checking in from SLO and recently dropped my deposit for Laguna's 2 day school in April. Tracked cars for years, and just hopped on a bike last April, but have a couple track days under my belt (I am exponentially faster in cars than bikes, but would like to change that with time). I am looking to learn good habits and fundamentals, and get on freaking Laguna Seca! Can't wait!

Hi, just checking in from SLO and recently dropped my deposit for Laguna's 2 day school in April. Tracked cars for years, and just hopped on a bike last April, but have a couple track days under my belt (I am exponentially faster in cars than bikes, but would like to change that with time). I am looking to learn good habits and fundamentals, and get on freaking Laguna Seca! Can't wait!

Be prepared to have the time of your life! That reminds me. I need to go ahead and get a deposit put down on the Barber time this June. :)

P.S. Welcome to the forum. Friendly folks here FULL of great information and things that make you go hmmmmmm...

Welcome! Funny, I was just thinking yesterday about how I'd like to schedule a chance to get a CAR out to Laguna Seca. :)

It's terrific on a bike, you'll have a blast. It's chilly sometimes, though, watch the weather, make sure you bring a warm layer if it is cool or damp or windy.

Unfortunately I got the email of death from Whitney telling me the course is full already... I'm trying to get at least 6 track days in this year, but I am slowwww on the bike and really new to the game... Am I better off doing a 1 day course, say in March, and then hitting the track 3 or 4 times, and then doing the 2 day course in September...

Or should I just hit the track and do the 2 day course in September (or should I Just do a 1 day now, and a 1 day, level 2 course later)?

Thanks!

Edited by DJFlight

The earlier you learn proper riding techniques, the sooner you'll get better/faster. If you learn improperly at the start, you'll have to un-learn bad habits later on and that will slow down your progress. For best results, I recommend getting as much training as possible as early as possible. Strictly from a training point of view, I wouldn't wait longer just so you can do them together if you don't have to. Logistics may dictate otherwise (for example, travel costs force you into only one two-day trip). This will give you the best foundation to build on. Good luck and enjoy!

Benny