Would it be possible to collect and show Kamm circle data to students? Apparently it's relatively easy to transmit this data to a computer today. What's the cost of this technology?

I'm reading about Kamm circles in "The upper half of the motorcycle", pg 100. It shows how beginner and intermediate riders tend to use lateral and longitudinal forces selectively, while more experienced riders use them both at the same time, up to the sustainable tire limits. It could help the learning process greatly to know where the student stands.

6- or 9-axis accelerometers are getting quite cheap, and are easy to combine with a GPS. But downloading, analyzing, and communicating the data to the student could be a big task. I guess this would be similar to the camera-bike setup.

6- or 9-axis accelerometers are getting quite cheap, and are easy to combine with a GPS. But downloading, analyzing, and communicating the data to the student could be a big task. I guess this would be similar to the camera-bike setup.

Im with Khp

data acquisition is cheap and easy

but

turning it into useful information isnt