How To Watch / Support Ama Pro Racing In 2014

It looks like this season AMA Racing has ditched the TV networks and switched to a fully online live stream format with www.FansChoice.tv, it's suposedly free to watch. You can read more about that over at RoadracingWorld.com

I can say for sure, if more people don't tune in to watch the state of pro motorcycle racing here in America isn't going to get much better

Tyler

Thanks for the tip Tyler (how do you always seem to get your copy of RW before me? :) ) IT looks like I'll be watching AMA on the iPad this year.

And you are right, it sure looks like we are watching the death of motorcycle roadracing in the US, at least in any recognizable form. It's painful to see.

how do you always seem to get your copy of RW before me? :)

It might have something to do with living about 10 miles away from the RRW offices ,,,,,

this bit of Info however came from their website, I check their new's page once a day to keep myself apprised of whats going on with all the various motorcycle road racing series in the world

as for the current state of AMA Pro Road Racing, I think it all goes back to FOX killing off SPEED to make Fox Sports 1, the AMA lost its television coverage, which makes bringing in the sponsor money kinda hard with no TV coverage, I don't think the coverage on CBS Sports played out as well as they were hoping which resulted in a weak season this year with very few rounds. I'm confident its just a transition phase and it will rebound tho.

Glad i signed up for the ama emails so now im getting daily updates. Daytona is an awesome race.

...as for the current state of AMA Pro Road Racing, I think it all goes back to FOX killing off SPEED to make Fox Sports 1, the AMA lost its television coverage, which makes bringing in the sponsor money kinda hard with no TV coverage, I don't think the coverage on CBS Sports played out as well as they were hoping which resulted in a weak season this year with very few rounds. I'm confident its just a transition phase and it will rebound tho.

I think you are spot on there. Personally I was really disappointed with the CBS production last year. I felt it was amateurish and kitschy. Add that to moving from channel with a natural fit and the viewership suffered. I really hope they make it past this rough spot. The racing is a lot of fun to watch.