May 20Th Njmp

Can't wait. Anyone else going to be there? I've been going over Twist 2 for the umpteenth time with a great rider/student which is proving very fruitful and also trying to cram Soft Science now that I finally got the days off from work and I know I'm going. I'm trying also to cram on the bike with all the new info I've gleaned from the study. This is really a big deal to me and I know its is to most but I've had two CSS days set up for me and they both fell through so I'm exceedingly excited. I remember the day I bought my Busa and the salesman/racer told me about the book and all the things in between that made this such a hard fought journey for me. That was a whole bike ago because now I'm on a BMW. I'm really really excited. Hope to see you there and lets hear from you please.

I'll see you for sure, you will have to come say hello in the morning (they get pretty busy, but for sure come say hi).

Best,

Cobie

My buddy & I will be there on the 19th & 20th. We will be in garage 110 - stop by to say hello.

Dan

Thanks for the replies,

Cobie, Since you've been so instrumental in me achieving thus far I'm very much looking forward to meeting you. Please keep an eye out for me amid your gazillion other responsibilities so I don't get too intense as Hotfoot so instinctively noted last year in my preparatory comments. I mean I've worked very hard in other sports but still sometimes underachieving. Hotfoot said to relax and enjoy the experience which makes a lot of sense. Thanks Cobie, Looking forward to really getting to know you.

BLS, Thanks, It will be great having someone with your experience in School. I'm riding down the 19th I'm hoping our garages are near one another. I'll be watching you for cues as you have been there before. Are you riding back by any chance? I'm heading back on the 21st.

sif, Thanks for coming forward. I'll be looking for you too.

Again, Thanks to all. Nic

Hey Nic - I'm heading down on Sunday the 18th and back home Tuesday the 20th when the day is over, but my bike will be on the trailer :).

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. Being at the right place at the right time is key, so listen carefully to the announcements.

Dan

Nic,

one bit of advice, if you haven't gotten it already from some of the school reviews posted here on the forums. Be the first person to Hot Pit Lane for each session, I'm not saying speed through the pits or anything like that, just be ready to go when your group is called and be one of the first riders there, it will get you a extra lap or two every session which by the end of the day is almost enough laps to be a entire extra session

Tyler

Finally know I'm ready inside my heart having recently learned what Keith means by the quick flick learning graph! Wow that was a long time coming. Also know I've got my bag set, know what I need, and first-aide kit coming. Just need to finish up with some oil and radiator cooler Cox screens and the rest of the front fairings for my new carbon fiber to replace the plastic after a small but terrifying crash (went wide in a tricky corner) that the School helped to save me from being a bad one. I had to steer through a bunch of road debris including cement and upside down tree stump on deep sand. Thank you sir; After a few cars went by one beeping his horn (I had passed them aggressively); Finally a nice woman in a pick-up truck as a passenger opening her window and said, "Are you alright" as I was struggling to get my Black Night upright with no traction on my smooth hardly grooved bottom boots. Her husband came over and we got her right up. Dang he was strong. She started right up. I thanked them and was off again this time nursing my broken mirror as I rode. I wish not but the case savers may have to wait. School also helped to keep me from selling the S1k. I'm now planning to get access to the local schools to talk about training cause there's too many of them getting killed out here on Long Island and we need a race track out here for motorcycle racing; That's going to be one darn hard row to hoe. A nice guy went down right in front of me yesterday morning downhill went wide and quickly found him self and his Triumph Sprint sliding up against the curb. We picked his bike up and dusted him off. The bike begrudgingly started and he was off to his meeting. Since I'm a Co-Organizer of the Long Island Sportbike Meetup Group, I told him and he joined when I saw him later after his meeting that he was so hard rushing to make, He's no kid and had leathers on and knows what he's doing. Boy I love this School!

My friend and I are signed up for 19/20 May, please stop in to say hello...we'll have our '12 BMW S1000RR (motorsport colors) & red/black CBR600 under a blue EZ Up canopy. If you're in the area over the wkend, we'll be riding Sat/Sun on Lightening with another track day organization. I'll have to pace myself so I don't wear myself before CSS. :)

Cheers,

Majdi (mej-dee)