First Podium In Gualeguaychu Argentina After Css

Hi there,

I just want to share some of my current activities with all of you..

I have been riding a while after I went to my last class of level 2 and 3 in CSS (november 2013 in Las Vegas).

Two months ago I decided to start racing in my local racing federation into 250cc class B division... As I live in Buenos Aires, FEBOM is the organization that rules here.

I raced 2 times with only one thing in common: everyone here told me that my way of cornering is different from all the other pilots. And as I'm heavy I also noticed that the only way to improve my lap times is in the corners.

Well, all this story to get to my 3rd race this last weekend. Finally I got my first podium. I arrived in 2nd place.

I would like to share with you my on board race recording. Feel free to give me some feedback. I know I made various mistakes so I'll apreciate your point of view. My time is 6 sec from the first place in A division so I have to improve a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEVGj3g_2MY&feature=youtu.be

Here is the podium

post-23878-0-63765900-1406251943_thumb.jpg

Fernando

Congratulations Fernando! That's great progress. I watched some of the video and noticed a couple of things. First, I noticed you are inconsistent at getting all the way to the inside edge of the track at your apex. Thinking back to your level 2 training, do you remember what drill you can apply to make your line through the corner more consistent and precise?

Benny

Congratulations Fernando! That's great progress. I watched some of the video and noticed a couple of things. First, I noticed you are inconsistent at getting all the way to the inside edge of the track at your apex. Thinking back to your level 2 training, do you remember what drill you can apply to make your line through the corner more consistent and precise?

Benny

Hi Benny,

Thanks for your feedback!. I think you refered to RP drill. I'll review my material.

One thing I noticed viewing my recording laps is what when I carried more speed than others during curves I kept stuck into the same line of them so I had to break to avoid hitting them.

What is the best way to generate different lines and avoid get stucked?

Good job!

Hopefully more podiums soon!!

Thx ktk_ace. I'm feel confident that with CSS lessons and practice it will come

Fernando;

Congratulations on your success!

Rainman

Thank you Kevin!

That was great fun. A few exciting moments in there! I loved how you managed to smoke most of the field in the corners even though you were clearly at a power:weight disadvantage. Nice.

Hi Benny,

Thanks for your feedback!. I think you refered to RP drill. I'll review my material.

One thing I noticed viewing my recording laps is what when I carried more speed than others during curves I kept stuck into the same line of them so I had to break to avoid hitting them.

What is the best way to generate different lines and avoid get stucked?

For what I saw, I believe the 2-step more specifically addresses the inconsistency of lines. That is it's purpose. Of course, reference points are part of that, especially your turn point and your apex point. Do you have a turn point and an apex point picked out for each corner? If not, would doing so help you be more consistent with your line through each corner? Can you apply the 2-step drill if you don't?

As for multiple lines through a corner, would you need to adjust your turn point and apex for a different line? How would you adjust your turn point if you were forced to enter a corner closer to the inside of the track (passing into a turn for example) than you wanted in order to get on the same line from that different entry?

Benny

For what I saw, I believe the 2-step more specifically addresses the inconsistency of lines. That is it's purpose. Of course, reference points are part of that, especially your turn point and your apex point. Do you have a turn point and an apex point picked out for each corner? If not, would doing so help you be more consistent with your line through each corner? Can you apply the 2-step drill if you don't?

As for multiple lines through a corner, would you need to adjust your turn point and apex for a different line? How would you adjust your turn point if you were forced to enter a corner closer to the inside of the track (passing into a turn for example) than you wanted in order to get on the same line from that different entry?

Benny

Thanks again Benny.

It's great having several points of view and this kind of thoughts.

When I saw my lines I noticed my inconsistency. It's true, 2 Step drill would help me in my way to improve my lap times. Specially in turn 2 (hairpin), turn 5 and turn 7 (this one has a bump that made me crazy). On other hand It was my 1st time in that circuit, I was still working in some RP in those curves..

If I need to enter a corner closer to the inside of the track I'Il need to move my TP later to resume my line. This is OK for the entries, but what about if you are in the curve carring more speed in the same line and you need to move to another line without breaking? I mean I know if I break I'll need 2 laps to recover my lost of time so I can't waste my time in that way. Is it a better option to use more gas and open my line?

Fer