New To The Forum...

Hello everyone, My name is Las. I’m from Florida and have been riding for going on a year now. Since being introduced to track riding all I have been interested in is getting more competent and comfortable riding my bike. Twist of the Wrist II was one of the first books I bought aimed towards riding when I started doing track days and didn’t realize that CCS came to the southeast. I also did not know this forum existed until I decided to start planning a trip to Barber in the future to attend a couple of the courses. I look forward to soaking up plenty of information prior to scraping my pennies together for your Level courses. Hope to make some new friends on here in the process as well.

Hi Las, Welcome. I hope you enjoy the incredible range assets available to students in the forums. Its a wonderful place to do exactly the things you want to acoompish. Stay with it and you can't fail. I love Florida having lived there and it must be a great place for you to ride year round. Cheers!

Hey Las. Welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful advice and resources here from fellow students and coaches.

Barber is a spectacular track and I'm also glad that CSS teaches there. Have you decided on any dates yet? Barring any last minute schedule problems I'll be there next year myself.

Welcome to the forum Las, don't hesitate to jump in and ideas and questions, you never know when a healthy debate on riding techniques will unfold.

What got you into motorcycles to begin with ?

Tyler

Hey Tyler,

My friend growing up as a kid always had dirt bikes, go karts he would let me ride. I always wanted to get in to it but my parents did not want me having any parts of it growing up. Fast forward to my late thirties, and a better paying job. I decided to bite the bullet and bought a used bike on craigslist.

Hey Las. Welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful advice and resources here from fellow students and coaches.

Barber is a spectacular track and I'm also glad that CSS teaches there. Have you decided on any dates yet? Barring any last minute schedule problems I'll be there next year myself.

Hey Chase,

No I haven't narrowed down when as of yet. Right now it's looking like next year some time if everything in my life remains constant, but we know how that goes sometimes.

Hi Las, Welcome. I hope you enjoy the incredible range assets available to students in the forums. Its a wonderful place to do exactly the things you want to acoompish. Stay with it and you can't fail. I love Florida having lived there and it must be a great place for you to ride year round. Cheers!

Thanks Shaka. I dont know, were getting a bunch of scattered showers and down here it seems as though everyone loses their mind at the site of rain so I tend to stay off of the road (On my bike at least).