2015 Schedule?

The Ring is difficult for mental/memory reasons. Of course, downhill S combinations in the wet with armco 3 feet from the road does have it's... hmmm, charms.

Please do not consider it a racetrack.

• 2 weeks later...

Build a shrine now!!! Pay homage to it as needed, but the more the better. Good luck at Sonoma!

Chris, buddy, you sure make the forum rounds! Long time no see.

So, back on topic, if a guy was interested in doing a two-day at Laguna next April, what's the drill? Like do guys fly into San Jose, rent a car, and stay at a hotel near the track? Any suggestions / recommendations?

Welcome Izapp! Yes, it has been too long. I will be at Mid-O a lot next season, maybe see ya there.

I am only an active member on 3 forums. This is one of them but I am not all that active (poster) here, only when I have value to add. If you wanna ride Laguna, do not wait to long to register lol.

• 3 months later...

2 weeks left until Laguna! what a way to start the season - from not even sitting on a motorcycle in nearly 6 months (i hate the weather around here!) to jumping right onto a brand spanking new S1000RR. :blink: talk about trial by fire! can't wait....(gulp)

If I attend the two day school at NJMP on 5/20-5/21, is it guaranteed that I will be able to learn on all specialty bikes (e.g. braking bike, sliding bike, etc)? Thanks.

No, you are not guaranteed to be able to ride all the specialty bikes. The slide bike cannot be run at NJMP, there is not enough room to run it, so that one will for sure not be available. Weather and time constraints can also affect availability of the specialty bikes; some cannot be run in the rain, etc. First priority will be to get everyone through the steering drill and lean bike, then after that the other bikes may become available for you to ride.

You will be spending a LOT of time on track (and the rest is in the classroom), it is a very busy day! Some riders choose to forego some track time to get on the brake rig, which is advisable if your heart is really set on riding it OR if you or your coach spot a problem with braking that could be best handled by riding the brake bike.

The school will always try to accommodate your requests to use the off-track specialty bikes and you will almost certainly have the opportunity to do steering drill and lean bike, but getting to all of the specialty bikes in one 2 day camp would be difficult and is definitely not guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...