New Member From Toronto

I been wanting to do this for a while and finally I'm getting my chance so I thought I'd say hello. Im gonna start at level 1, what should I expect the first day?...I don't even know what questions to ask...Yes. I'm newb, but im ready for this. Whats up superbike shool?

Hey. Welcome to the forums!

What can you expect on the first day? Lots of helpful coaches and support people with huge smiles on their faces because they are doing what they love. I'm a Level 4 student and I'm still pretty amazed by the level of passion and dedication to teaching I see at the school. Year after year. Tireless dedication to helping people just like you and I become better and safer riders in the heat, rain and other elements.

Level 1 if memory serves me is primarily focused on visual skills. There will be a class room portion where there's a presentation and then an on track portion where you apply an on track drill directly and see some amazing things start to happen to your riding. You get to meet your on track coach after the first session who will be the person who you will work with for the rest of the day.

Some tips. Grab some earplugs and wear them. It helps greatly to reduce distractions. Focus your attention on the drills and working with your coach. Traffic is mixed and there is some faster traffic mixed in. You likely will get passed by faster Level 4 students. Don't worry though we have all been Level 1's ourselves and go our of our way to pass safely and distract you as little as we can. Get a good night's sleep the night before and just have fun. After the first day you will be amazed at the progress you make in your riding and level of confidence.

Level 1 if memory serves me is primarily focused on visual skills. There will be a class room portion where there's a presentation and then an on track portion where you apply an on track drill directly and see some amazing things start to happen to your riding. You get to meet your on track coach after the first session who will be the person who you will work with for the rest of the day.

I'm afraid Robert's memory isn't what it used to be :D

You won't really delve into the visual skills until level 2, Level 1 is focus'd around the basics of motorcycle control, throttle control, line choice, steering inputs, not being tense on the bars, and looking where you want to go ( small vison teaser for the end of the day )

Welcome to the forums

Tyler

Ah yes. Memory did not serve me very well this time at all. I took L1 and L2 together quite some time ago so it's a bit of a blur.

I suppose the important bit is that I do remember what I have learned when the pavement is moving under me at a high rate of speed. :)