[Spoiler] Malasian Gp

I'm stumped by Rossi. Handing the championship to Lorenzo in the most unprofessional way.

In Moto3, I wonder if Danny Kent is in the process of "doing a Redding" (in 2013: Redding had a nice lead into the last couple of races and then proceeded to throw the championship away). Why is Kent so much less dominant/competitive that before the summer break? Sure, his height and weight is a clear disadvantage over smaller riders, but that wasn't a problem in, say, Argentina.

I don't get why Rossi was able to still get his points after purposefully pushing him with his leg like that causing him to go down. Very uncool from my POV.

EDIT: just rewatched and it looks like MM makes contact with his helmet on Rossi's knee and so Rossi gives him an eff off push away and he goes down. Especially visible here: http://www.motogp.com/en/youtube_update/2015/10/25/sepangclash-marquez-crash/188362

MM was on the way down before the leg. I agree it wasn't Rossi's greatest moment, nor was the Thursday press conference. But MM could easily have avoided the crash as there was still plenty of track available. Lorenzo screaming for points to be stripped from Rossi show what a tosser he is as that's not a way to win a title. I think the punishment against Rossi was to prevent the conflict to escalate before it reach Biaggi/Rossi dimensions. Can only hope Iannone manage to hold Jorge out and prevent him from turning into turn 1 so that Rossi and Jorge will both have to work their way through the pack. Then the best man will win, not the one avoiding penalty. And it's not like MM and Jorge has been free from making others crash over the year, exactly. Remember at Qatar this year when MM literally cut through Bautista's bike on his way back up the field? That's just one of many, many accidents created by MM.

From Superbike Planet:

Rossi's statement is as follows:

"Marquez knows it wasn't red mist that caused the incident. It's very clear from the helicopter footage that I didn't want to make him crash, I just wanted to make him lose time, go outside of the line and slow down, because he was playing his dirty game, even worse than in Australia. When I went wide and slowed down to nearly a stop, I looked at him as if to say 'what are you doing?'. After that we touched. He touched with his right underarm on my leg and my foot slipped off the foot peg. If you look at the image from the helicopter it's clear that when my foot slipped of the foot peg, Marquez had already crashed. I didn't want to kick him, especially because, if you give a kick to a MotoGP bike, it won't crash, it's very heavy. For me the sanction is not fair, because Marquez won his fight. His program is OK because he is making me lose the championship. The sanction is not good, especially for me, because I didn't purposefully want to make him crash, I just reacted to his behavior, but I didn't kick him. You can't say anything in the press conference, maybe it changes something, but to me this was not fair, because I just want to fight for the championship with Jorge and let the better man win, but like this that's not happening. Like I said, I didn't want to make Marquez crash, but I had to do something because at that moment Jorge was already gone. The championship is not over yet, but this sanction cut me off by the legs and made Marquez win."

And it's not like MM and Jorge has been free from making others crash over the year, exactly. Remember at Qatar this year when MM literally cut through Bautista's bike on his way back up the field? That's just one of many, many accidents created by MM.

Absolutely. Just ask Dani Pedrosa last year in Aragon, when MM cut the cable of the Traction Control sensor in a pass. And MM wasn't even apologetic about it.

For me, what was different this time was that Rossi deliberately sought out the contact (again, I should add: Sete & Stoner will be smiling now), whereas the incidents that I've seen from MM have not been deliberate.

Rossi should know better to win on the track and not in the press conference. Even Dorna can't protect him from things like this.

Read the jury's verdict and you will see they blame MM for messing with Rossi, but that it wasn't illegal. And also that they conclude that Rossi did not kick MM down. Lin Jarvis also gave full support to Rossi's version, although he also said he didn't approve of Rossi's actions.

The irony is that had Rossi kept looking forward and gone at racing speed, he would not have received a penalty. It came because it was so obvious what he was doing - which was to state an example, but not to cause a crash.

I see the same as I saw live; MM turning into Rossi, starts going down and knee comes out. I have not seen the helicopter shots, but apparently they show this even clearer.

Lin Jarvis: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/10/25/sepangclash-jarvis-reacts/188527

Anyway, this is a discussion that is likely to have Rossi dissers see Rossi in the wrong, Rossi fans will see MM in the wrong. I believe they were both wrong, that MM got what he was after and that Rossi was a fool for making his accusations on Thursday and allowing himself to be provoked on Sunday. But I do not believe he caused MM to crash, and I believe MM raced unsportsmanlike.

Not sure if Rossi is right with his speculations are correct, that MM feel Rossi has cost him the title and that Rossi was at fault in Argentina and Assen, or if MM got pissed by Rossi's allegations this Thursday if MM knew they were wrong. Most likely it is a combination; MM is a bit angry with Rossi for their clashes and Rossi is cracking under the strain of the title chase and have said things best not said, making MM even angrier. Whatever the causes, it is sad for us fans of the sport to see the two best racers of the past quarter of a century act like children.

A good read - if you read it all. Othewise you may get the wrong impression and definitely not the whole story

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/10/27/2015_sepang_motogp_round_up_heroes_who_h.html

Excellent read, Eirik. Thanks for posting.

I think part of the reason that this happend is that both Marc and Valentino are really bad loosers - and in turn that's why they are such great winners.

I think it's a case of a feather turning into ten hens. The incident wasn't IMO big enough to cause the hysteria that has followed. Worse episodes have happened over the years without history being made.

The real issue isn't really with the riders, though - they have over-boosted egos, which they must have in order to become the best of the best - but with their management. Instead of surrounding themselves with critical people that could guide them well, they surround themselves with people who pee all over their backs and boost their egos into proportions where they become too big to be useful. So Rossi should have been told not to speak his feelings ahead of the race, Lorenzo should have known to keep his mouth shut after the race and MM should have raced flat out instead of handing it to racing as a thank you for the - likely wrong - accusations. Still, although I am a Rossi fan and hope he takes the title, I think it is fitting that he got the sentence since he set the whole thing off.