May 9, 10 Vir

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My son and I will be at VIR May 11-12th for 2-day class. I last took the CSS in 1986 at Mid Ohio, our guest instructor was Doug Chandler. I figure what better way to celebrate 30th Anniversary then take a refresher and also bring my son since he is now into sport bikes.

Question for the coaches, As I am 5' 5 1/2" tall, I was chatting with Misti Hurst (one of your taller coaches) and she mentioned if its an issue there is a lower seat option available then the stock seat on the BMW's. Just curious what the seat height is with it and how to request (does it need to be ahead of time)?

I currently ride a 2015 GSX-R1000 and can flat foot on one foot completely and just have heels off with both, but I heard the BMW is a tall bike.

See you in May!!!!!

First off, Welcome to the forum DLHamblin!

The 2016 S1000 is indeed a bit taller than your 2015 GSX-R1000 but, not by much. The S1000 sits at 32.1 inches compared to the GSX-R at 31.9 inches.

Our lowered seat reduces the seat height by about 1.5 inches. Its best to request it ahead of time. It can be requested by calling our office at (323) 224-2734 before the event or as a last resort you can request it the day of the event during registration.

Looking forward to seeing you and your son in May!

The 2016 S1000 is indeed a bit taller than your 2015 GSX-R1000 but, not by much. The S1000 sits at 32.1 inches compared to the GSX-R at 31.9 inches.

Our lowered seat reduces the seat height by about 1.5 inches. Its best to request it ahead of time. It can be requested by calling our office at (323) 224-2734 before the event or as a last resort you can request it the day of the event during registration.

Super, thanks!!!!!!! Will do!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Called and have "reserved" the lower seat for the 11th/12th!!!!