We got the 2016's, rode them at the first school in Vegas (perfect weather, and expecting another perfect weather weekend coming...75ish).

Anyway, I'd understood the 2016 was the same bike. But...2 or my faster coaches both said this bike felt better to them. Now, that is the winter off, first ride on the bike and they didn't get a chance to really push it hard, but both of them at separate times said to me the bike felt better.

Any S1000 geeks know if there might be some small differences...haven't asked my chief mechanic yet (he's out getting his teeth worked on today) but I will.

CF

Can't wait to ride the BMW at the VIR 2 day in May. Very interested in how the electronics feel. My 2015 GSX-R1000 just has 3 engine power modes, no TC, ABS. So its pretty much up to rider to handle those tasks.

Wondering how noticeable (intrusive?) TC and ABS are? Guess I will find out :)

The TC is pretty active in Rain mode but in anything above that (Sport, Race) it really isn't noticeable unless you get REALLY aggressive (or abrupt with the throttle) while leaned way over, or have a low-traction situation - in which case it is saving your butt so you appreciate it. :)

In the latest models the ABS is barely noticeable, unless you really stab at the brake or brake insanely hard. I don't use the rear brake so it might be more likely to kick in if you tried to brake hard with the rear brake. I am astounded how hard you can brake in Race or Slick mode without the ABS kicking in, as long as you have good tire grip.

Overall the electronics are phenomenal, the electronic suspension control is better than I dared to hope!

2 years ago many of the coaches were turning some of the controls off...like ABS. Not so much any more, they have just continued to refine/improve them.

Good time to be riding bikes!

• 2 weeks later...

2 years ago many of the coaches were turning some of the controls off...like ABS. Not so much any more, they have just continued to refine/improve them.

Good time to be riding bikes!

Just curious, how do you set up the bikes for the students for 2 day schools? I assume TC is turned up and engine modes set of soft? Do they ever get set with TC less and power mode higher?