Vir In May, Which Course Is Used By Css?

Just curious which VIR track layout (Full, North, South) etc is used for the CSS 2-day. Would like to study to get familiar with it for Mays 2 Day.

• 11 months later...

Thanks Hotfoot-

I found that I don't have a good way to correlate what I see in the video to the map.  The way I'm currently doing it doesn't seem to follow map/video.  I put that bridge at around T5.  Would this be a good Segway to talking about reading trackmaps?

Sure, go for it. :) Or you can start a new thread if you want.

It can be hard to correlate video to maps - sometimes what looks like one turn in the video shows as two on the map, especially if the rider rides them as one big arc. T2 and T3 on this video sorta-kinda shows that - you can see a second X to show the second turn point but the rider takes a smooth arcing line so you don't really see a straight section on the video in between the turns, even though on the map you can see one. IMO maps should show obvious landmarks, like bridges that cross over the track and large outbuildings or grandstands that are easily seen when riding.

And, of course, elevation changes don't show on a flat line map, but there are some cool elevation maps for some tracks, I think the Barber website has one, they make the track look like a roller coaster. :)

It's hard to believe that Cameron Beaubier who gets around this course in 1:55 (per the YT video I saw) is only doing an average of 70.45MPH.  Doesn't seem very fast when looking at it that way.

Sorry, just saw this...

That is a broad spectrum answer...one can move along quite nicely, and then dawdle a little on the straights and it can make a big difference in lap times.  For a street rider, being 30-40 seconds off record setting pace is actually pretty decent start.