Airbag Deployment Anyone?

I watched many highsides in motogp and WSBK this year and the last but I can't remember a single airbag opening. I know they have chips to analyze the g-force change but how can it be that the airbag protection is never required in all those crashes?

The hit-air vests are more widely used this year in my trackdays organization and I hear positive feedback from riders: it seems to help against neck strain, chest and also collar bone injuries.

The airbags in MotoGP are inside the suit. Look for that "puffed-up look" on the upper body of the rider as he/she gets up and walks back in shame.

What khp said. The suits in MotoGP (I haven't been following WSBK) have internal airbags instead of the giant external collarbone airbag like in previous seasons. Also, I would assume that the settings for deployment on their airbags is set to a much higher threshold so the bike can move around.

Although the airbags don't deploy in every instance, Marquez definitely had his deploy in practice at Assen.

• 1 month later...