Brakes And Brake Pads...

Have gotten my 2015 GSX-R1000 brakes 90% where I want them. From stock, I have Galfer SS lines, Galfer 1375HH pads, and a Brembo RCS19 master cylinder. All have made improvements.

Just ordered a set of Galfer wave rotors for the front (standard, not the track only superbike versions that do not work on street).

My dilemma is pads. While I have nothing against the Galfer 1375HH, I have read a lot (of good things) about Vesrah RJL XX pads, and like to try different products from time to time.

Anyone here have any experience with them (good or bad)??

I have the Vesrah SRJL XX and they are excellent in the track. They last for loooong time and they feel very very good. They can be used on road too.

I also have tried

SBS dual carbon: They are very good until almost half their life. Then they feel like wood.

Carbone Lorain C60 (or 59): Very good pad but it does not last for many kms (track/road)

Stock BMW (Brembo): Good pads but in the track it will not last for long and it overheats easy

Brembo pads that comes with M4 calipers: Good pad for road. Stock Brembo might feel a bit better

What is it you have in mind that you think you might gain by changing the pads? Also, are you really expecting an improvement in both track and street regimes for a single pad? Or perhaps now that you've got most of the componentry sorted, you could do a track pad and a street pad.

What is it you have in mind that you think you might gain by changing the pads? Also, are you really expecting an improvement in both track and street regimes for a single pad? Or perhaps now that you've got most of the componentry sorted, you could do a track pad and a street pad.

The upgrades thus far have removed all (to me) the inherent sponginess in the stock setup. Lever feel is now what I call good. I have always liked being able to brake with just two fingers. My setup now is much improved in that sense over stock.

I do like to experiment on occasion, so was thinking a different compound to see how I liked it over the Galfer1375HH. If anything, I would like a bit more braking force for same lever pressure, so I would say a bit more aggressive initial bite.

• 4 months later...

Well, I ended up with Vesrah XX pads, and Galfer Wave rotors.  I really like this combo.  Power is very good (2 fingers any speed) but feel and progression is much improved.

I admit the rotors were just because I liked the look of them..