Stunt Schools

I'm interested in a stunt school. Things like wheelies, front tire stoppers, tires sliding at moderate speed etc. I can't find much online other than a wheelie school in California yet there is a strong movement in the US. Any info?

Let me know if you find something on our coast. I'm interested too. I recall seeing something on a TV show several years ago. There was also a guy that travelled and had a fixed rig that you could learn wheelies on but it would only rotate to the balance point and then had hydraulics that brought it back down if the student had too much right wrist.. It was attached to a dyno or conveyor wheel IIRC.

We used to have a wheelie school, sold that many years ago.

I'd seen that guy with the rig in a trailer (for wheelies), but never tried it.

Back to my dirt bike...this is where I wished I lived closer to the desert.

We used to have a wheelie school, sold that many years ago.

Was the reason for selling too many crashes/too much liability, or just not enough customer interest?

I'm thinking extreme bike handling could help a lot in roadracing.

It wasn't really our core business. Seemed pretty cool, and Keith did what he does (invent neat stuff). So he designed (with some others) an arm that worked as an anit-flip (cut off engine) and could be incrementally changed. But that's not really our area of expertise, we aren't stunters, so eventually sold it.

For sure all the top riders can wheelie well :).

What seems more to the point is spending time on bikes that move around (slide), so one can get used to that. Pretty sure all the top guys have (and do) spend time in the dirt.

Stoner was awesome with is understanding of letting the bike go after he had steered it. He got away with (regularly) the bike moving around, in some cases quite phenomenally so.

Have a look at this video of him, and he's very light on the bars, gently brings it up (front is moving around, he's not tight on the bars).

http://totaltashan.com/post/u/gifs/slowmotion-elbow-sliding-casey-stoner

CF

Nope, bike is sliding. He actually brings the bike up as he gets past his apex, and that is done by gently pulling on the inside bar, or pushing on the outside bar (a bike is countersteered up as well as into a turn).

Nope, bike is sliding. He actually brings the bike up as he gets past his apex, and that is done by gently pulling on the inside bar, or pushing on the outside bar (a bike is countersteered up as well as into a turn).

Except his wheel is turned to the outside of the turn which causes the bike to lean over further (in a normal geometry setup).

The wheel is turning out to compensate for the fact the back tire is coming around, sliding. The bike is recovering into the slide, which is what they do if left alone.

Yeah, he really tamed that survival reaction. There are some pictures with his left hand literally open, just resting on the bar.