Intro To Css

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you recommend to a newbie

• Twist I Book
    • Twist I DVD
    • Twist II Book
    • Twist II DVD
    • Soft Science of Roadracing

A guy has $20 in his pocket ready to spend on rider education. It's a first purchase for this rider. Normally I'd recommend Twist II book, but I'm thinking of revising my standard recommendation. What's yours and why?

A- Twist I Book

B- Twist I DVD

C- Twist II Book

D- Twist II DVD

E- Soft Science of Roadracing

I'd say Twist II book. Tons of information in it, very useful to a rider at ANY level, and you can refer to it again and again. The DVD is great too and the visual/video clips and CG graphics really add a lot, but personally I find it easier using the book when I am going back to review something or find some info so my book gets used much more often than the DVD.

When the question comes up, one thing I ask is do they like to read, will they just read 1 book?

Too many people think Twist 2 is an update/re-hash of Twist 1. Nothing could be further from the truth, the books are so different. If a guy will only get 1 book, Twist 2. If he'll ready more than one, do both, and could do them in sequence.

The DVD's are good for sure, designed to have some humor and still get the point across--not as much info as the books, but shows some real key points.

Nope.  T2 is where that is covered.

T1 has some amazing info, T2 a totally different animal.

I'm also waiting on T3.  

I think we have the lamest emocons...who do I talk to about that?

12 hours ago, Cobie Fair said:

I'm also waiting on T3.  

There is a Twist 3 in the works? !!

12 hours ago, Cobie Fair said:

I'm also waiting on T3.  

In my re-reading of T2, there's a reference to SRs in being apparently* well covered in T1.  Apparently was even a key word defined at the end of the chapter.  I hadn't yet pulled my T1 off the shelf to look.  Very Interesting....

On 2/27/2017 at 6:19 PM, Cobie Fair said:

If he'll ready more than one, do both, and could do them in sequence.

At Amazon they have Twist I in used but very good condition for $9.51, and Twist II for $11.98, both fulfilled by Amazon with  free shipping if the order reaches $25. However, this rider needs to scrape up five more dollars than the given limit to make this purchase of both books.

In speaking with my local librarian I learned that book borrowing in this area is far overshadowed by multimedia today. The person you are dealing with may be part of the generation that would tend to choose multimedia. So it may be an uphill battle pushing the book recommendation, but I personally would explain the advantages of the books that others mentioned, that they are more detailed than the videos and that they can be referred back to easily.

Signed, Highly Biased Book Lover

• Like 1