MotoGP Qatar, March 26

Based on what's been happening in off season testing, how do you think'll go?

How will the new guys fare? (meaning new to their bikes).  Will Marquez come out and demoralize them?  Rossi start strong (hard to bet against him).  Lorenzo on the Duc?  Vinales?

Having watched the Qatar testing in person... (bragging, yes). Vinales definitely looked fast at the Qatar test and he has yet to crash on the Yamaha, definitely the early favorite. Ducati will be competitive at many tracks and it was visibly faster on the straight than the rest, but will Lorenzo figure out how to ride it? Rossi will figure it out & be in the hunt. The weight balance on the front of the Honda appears to favor Pedrosa so keep an eye on him early in the season. Marquez could figure out how to win on a moped. My dark horse is Iannone... fast as hell & still a little erratic but getting better, but when he adapts to the different braking on the Suzuki, he'll be a contender  

Bottom line, expect another fantastic season. Best racing of any kind right now. 

Cheers,

Benny

IMG_1417.JPG

• Like 1

I am track marshalling at COTA, I just hope for good clean racing!  That said my two favorite riders I root for are Valentino Rossi and Cal Crutchlow....

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:42 AM, benhamf15 said:

Having watched the Qatar testing in person... (bragging, yes). Vinales definitely looked fast at the Qatar test and he has yet to crash on the Yamaha, definitely the early favorite. Ducati will be competitive at many tracks and it was visibly faster on the straight than the rest, but will Lorenzo figure out how to ride it? Rossi will figure it out & be in the hunt. The weight balance on the front of the Honda appears to favor Pedrosa so keep an eye on him early in the season. Marquez could figure out how to win on a moped. My dark horse is Iannone... fast as hell & still a little erratic but getting better, but when he adapts to the different braking on the Suzuki, he'll be a contender  

Bottom line, expect another fantastic season. Best racing of any kind right now. 

Cheers,

Benny

I'm a Honda fan and have been for a long time since reading a biography about Mr. Soichiro Honda, but this is the type of internal politics that turns me off of them.   They did the same thing when Nicky Hayden was with them; favored Pedrosa in the design of the RC-212 (800cc) bike and IIRC the final design of the RC211V (990cc)

• 2 weeks later...

So.....who's seen it?

I haven't.  DVR only got 1/2 the race (Grrr....)- not the DVRs fault.  The races were significantly delayed that by the time they got underway, my DVR decided it had enough.  Chances of my seeing it before seeing a spoiler are pretty slim, but I'm trying to resist the going to a news source for race results.

My DVR is set to record Highlights on BeIN Sports.

Anyone know where I can find a stream?

I saw it live with two of my friends. Moto3 and MotoGP had great action all the way, while Moto2 was kinda dull because the winner just pullled away from the other guys.

But hot daymn! If the average race even have half the action of the Qatar race, this is going to be a great year and a great show!