Healtech Quickshifter Easy

Well, again due to my son Kevin getting me interested; I just ordered a Healtech Quickshifter Easy for my GSX-R.  On the street its not needed but riding the schools BMW it sure is fun.  As my Suzuki is not "ride by wire" will still need the clutch on downshifts but will report how it goes once it gets here and is installed.

I considered:

• HM Quick Shift Pro
  • Annitori quick shifter
  • Healtech Quickshifter Easy

20 hours ago, Jaybird180 said:

What made you choose this one over the other 2?

After reading reviews and actually discussing with their respective tech support, I ended up with HM and Healtech being a tie; followed by Annitori quick shifter as a close 3rd.

HM has good reviews but seems more prominent in Europe and not a large dealership in US;  They also were priciest for what I wanted.  But they seem to have an excellent product.  What they lacked that Healtech offers (and Annitori) is the ability to adjust and tune via bluetooth smartphone app; where HM you use the gearshift and an LED panel on unit.  Healtech has a number of distributors in US and good pricing.  Install is also very easy.

What dropped Annitori to third was a number of reports of the unit misbehaving and cutting out the ignition at wrong times.  The Healtech can be turned off via app, or unplugged and a jumper installed so it won't strand you.  Its also VERY adjustable "if" needed.

As I said, totally not needed on street but should be lots of fun.

• Like 1

Unit came in last Saturday.  Was a good weather day so went riding of course.  That evening I reviewed the instructions and on-line videos Heal Tech has.  Then I began stripping of side panels, seats, fuel tank, and airbus (these steps by far are the most complicated and time consuming of the install, so if you can handle that you can install one of these).

Next morning (Sunday) I spent some time deciding how to route cables and locate things.

Basically you have the coil harness and module, shift rod sensor, and actual QS Easy module.

The coil harness connects between spark plug ignition coils and the bikes coil harness and then to a negative ground. 

This then has a lead that routes back to tail section where main QS module lies.

Sensor is installed on the shift rod and connected back to unit in tail section.

That's it except for putting everything back on bike.

Setting up and monitoring it is done through your smart phone!!!

Other than the initial setup process and some playing with bike on stand, haven't gotten to ride on street as its been raining.  Once I get out on road will give a report back.

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/qse/

• Like 2

Wow, thats all I can say.  Weather cooperated, so had bike out three times.  The Healtech far surpassed my expectations.  Disclaimer again- a QS is not needed for street but sure is a lot of fun.

I followed the setup instructions they emailed me do disable downshift cut as I use clutch.  Went out for first ride not 100% sure what to expect, reved to about 5,500 in first and while holding throttle open touched the shift lever and "snick" I am in 2nd pulling well!

Touched again and its in third!  The shifts are buttery smooth, no clunking or jerking at all; just constant thrust and that cool QS sound!!!!!

On my GSX-R1000 it works from 3,000 rpm up!!!!!!!!

Only issue is too much fun and on a 1000 you can get going faster than you expected a lot quicker.

Hate to say but think it shifts up smoother than the BMW's!!!

Edited by DLHamblin
can't spell, its Monday

• 2 months later...

Glad you like it!

I have a 2017 fireblade, just the base model one with the honda quick shifter as an add on, and to be honest downshifting with the auto slipper is freaking cool, but up shifting at WOT and high up in the rev range is absolutely as there is a noticeable lag between the gear change and the power being delivered to the rear wheel.

So much so that i wouldn't shift using it while leaned over out of corners it upsets the chases so much.

It's been back to the dealership who have reinstalled it and all their technicians ahem say theres nothing wrong with it....

I have a friend who races in the australian super bike championship over here and he has ridden it and says theres no way he would race with it.

As a Honda fan, who has purchased 3 Honda motorcycles and 3 cars I don't have a lot of praise for the 2017 and this report adds another reason.

You know Honda pulled out of the Isle of Man TT because of issues with the 2017 SP2 and the bike isn't doing so great in WSBK or MotoAmerica.

• 8 months later...
On 7/1/2017 at 9:05 AM, ironkiwi said:

Glad you like it!

I have a 2017 fireblade, just the base model one with the honda quick shifter as an add on, and to be honest downshifting with the auto slipper is freaking cool, but up shifting at WOT and high up in the rev range is absolutely as there is a noticeable lag between the gear change and the power being delivered to the rear wheel.

So much so that i wouldn't shift using it while leaned over out of corners it upsets the chases so much.

It's been back to the dealership who have reinstalled it and all their technicians ahem say theres nothing wrong with it....

I have a friend who races in the australian super bike championship over here and he has ridden it and says theres no way he would race with it.

There are a couple guys on a 1000rr specific forum (hint) that I participate in that may be able to help with your QS problem. If you need help locating which forum I'm speaking of, PM me.

@DLHamblin

How is the Healtech unit still performing? I'm down to the wire on closing my winter project and last is deciding on a QS.  Because things have advanced a bit since the OP, my considerations are:

Annitori Pro

Healtech

Woolich

The Woolich was the favorite for a long time. but since I went about $1.400 over budget for the winter project it's tough to justify, although the Return on Investment is higher than the others. But the other 2 will give me the option of going with Guhl for ECU tuning, bringing my financial investment down. Woolich adds more bling by giving me Launch Control and Pit Speed Limiter options and AFIAK is the ONLY solution for Pit Speed Limiter, but it's kinda yawn (just a little...but lauch control is freaking cool!).

• 2 years later...