Protecting the Gains from attending CSS

Wouldn't it be nice if we can attend CSS every weekend until we were perfect at riding? Yes, that would be ideal but not very practical. In between schools, time elapses - sometimes a few weeks and sometimes a few years. Many of the skills can be practiced on every ride but some things are easier, simpler and better worked on in the safety of a closed course and with the help of a knowledgeable coach. It's somewhere between the ranges of tough and impossible to coach oneself, something that self-driven people often don't realize (I'm guilty).

In between my CSS times, what are some of the strategies and methods that I can employ to abate the weeds (of old and bad habits) while I work on my garden (of riding skills)?

Thanks.

Reading Twist II and/or watching the DVD can help keep skills fresh in your mind, and often after attending a school you can re-read the book and find stuff that you missed before or things that mean more to you now than they did before. Every time I re-read it, I am at a different place in my personal riding and some info is more useful to me or comes across in a different way, due to my new skillset, pace or perspective.

Doing some trackdays can be enlightening, as you can use your new skills and see if you find that your pace has changed, and I think it is also useful to observe errors OTHER riders make and see what effects those errors have. Turning in early, turning slowly, and poor body position resulting in excess lean angle are some of the more obvious ones you can see - what other errors do you think you could readily observe in other riders?  

I was going to say overbraking but as I thought about it, I'm not so sure it's an error. The rider will be slow for sure, but an error would lead to a crash, whereas backing off the pace necessarily wouldn't. Generally poor vision leads to the above condition but it's the result that's observable, not the apparent error as you asked above.

Some riders can be seen making multiple steering inputs and it's very common as well as being stuck on the throttle.